Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 16

Thread: Manitowoc

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NW AR
    Posts
    2,478

    Manitowoc

    QD692N
    010364563

    Remote condenser.

    Keeps locking out on excess harvest time. I clocked it today at 3 mins and 45 secs to drop. Makes a nice even sheet of cubes. The top of the sheet is coming off fine, the bottom isnt.

    I adjusted the thickness probe and got it to drop in 3 mins flat. Thats too long. Its going to lock out again. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NW AR
    Posts
    2,478
    It is spotless. Plate is smooth, no black anywhere, no scale deposits.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    357

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    It is spotless. Plate is smooth, no black anywhere, no scale deposits.
    1-800-5455720 that is the Manitowoc tech line. They are a great help now and then

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NW AR
    Posts
    2,478
    Ugh, tech support? Thanks. Do they speak decent english?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tenn
    Posts
    139
    http://icemakerpartsshop.com/article...c-ice-machine/

    I checked this out once, and even checked the switch and counted the flashes, but it was the bin switch.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil EC
    Posts
    10,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    QD692N
    010364563

    Remote condenser.

    Keeps locking out on excess harvest time. I clocked it today at 3 mins and 45 secs to drop. Makes a nice even sheet of cubes. The top of the sheet is coming off fine, the bottom isnt.

    I adjusted the thickness probe and got it to drop in 3 mins flat. Thats too long. Its going to lock out again. Any ideas?
    An evaporator can "look" clean, but it's always a good idea to give it a proper cleaning before attempting to diagnose a problem like this.

    If cleaning fails to resolve it, this machine, being a Q-Series remote, has a harvest pressure regulator (HPR) which may (or may not) be a cause. Check your suction pressure during harvest. It should gradually climb to around 90 psig or so. If it stays down around 60-70, there's not enough heat going to the evaporator. Then it's time for a new one.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    So-Cal
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    An evaporator can "look" clean, but it's always a good idea to give it a proper cleaning before attempting to diagnose a problem like this.

    If cleaning fails to resolve it, this machine, being a Q-Series remote, has a harvest pressure regulator (HPR) which may (or may not) be a cause. Check your suction pressure during harvest. It should gradually climb to around 90 psig or so. If it stays down around 60-70, there's not enough heat going to the evaporator. Then it's time for a new one.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    788
    im with ice on this.. also check the weep holes on the plate.. those hpr system are tricky if your not fimilar..

    Yes if you call tech support they speak english there located in Mainitowoc Wisconsin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge Twp, NJ
    Posts
    1,307
    Hell, the guy who you would speak with is on here, actually.

    Oh JON BAILEY!!!!!!!!
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    1,330
    is it level..... lean it to the front...... I had a few with same problem... let gravity take over and all was well
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    16
    Remember to use your Manitowoc Service Tech Book. If you don't have one I urge you to get one. It has all the answers and makes troubleshooting faster and accurate.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    119
    Clean it!

    Then time it. If it's still to long check the evap for loose plates. If that checks out I like to hold a flashlight against the plate and look for cracks where the plates attach to the back. What are your pressures in harvest?

    Sent from my amazing 4G device

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NW AR
    Posts
    2,478
    It was cleaned from top to bottom less than a year ago when I moved it from one store and installed it in another. The former store got a new in box unit that I installed as well.

    About 2 months ago I get a call and they want me to come move it, that day. I couldnt make it that day so they called someone else to move it. I checked yesterday and the filter drier is the same one I put in when I installed it.

    I generally dont even pull my gauges out of the truck on ice machine calls. I will today or tomorrow and check pressures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event