Hmm

Old Lennex 3Ton ? hook to a Goodman GMTE 100 no m#.s# WB74 OS db95 IS EnteringT84 TD 12 Low side 100psi high side 200psi SH 10 , SC 10 I do not understand this high suc pressure pulling 20 amps any help would be app. wolfy

Sounds like an inefficent compressor. See if you can pump it down. If not ah-ha!

Originally posted by mark wolfe
    Old Lennex 3Ton ?

Y'all ready said it's old. Sell I'm a new one. Then ya look smart, even tho you don't know why it's broke........
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Question Amps?

Yes, I aggree , but its pullin 20 amps , I cleaned the cond. and a-coil,cond. was terrible,could it just have a weak suction valve thanks

Yes I could install a new unit God nows they need one ,its in a church. But I still got to now why?

If its the compressor I would bet its got nice cool air blowing out the condenser. Tight bearings could cause low RPM (High Suction) and high amp draw.

If it has a 100psi suction and is only 200 on your high side, it's either cold up there or the pump ain't pumping. But if either one is a old heat pump, inspect your check valves.

Then sell them a new one. You and your Customer will both be happy.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Thanks

Thanks ,there is multiple problems at this church they had a coon in the attic ( I found this out after I went up in this God forsaken place) and torn all the ins. off the duct work, that why air into the attic was at 70 and out at 80! This aint gonna work! Thanks for your reply. Wolfy

Hand to paw combat! Yes

Originally posted by mark wolfe
    Old Lennex 3Ton ? hook to a Goodman GMTE 100 no m#.s# WB74 OS db95 IS EnteringT84 TD 12 Low side 100psi high side 200psi SH 10 , SC 10 I do not understand this high suc pressure pulling 20 amps any help would be app. wolfy

Noted you said "Old Lennox 3Ton?" like you were unsure.

Does the condenser have one big panel that comes off and reveals the compressor, reversing valve, Defrost board, (if it's a heat pump) and contactor?

If so, many people get those confused with Lennox. But it could be a Goodman condenser.

That was when Goodman knew how to MAKE a condenser worth anything!

Did it look like that?

Is it possible that during the last 25-30 years that a new furnace was installed with increased air flow?

Originally posted by Carrene #2
    Is it possible that during the last 25-30 years that a new furnace was installed with increased air flow?
    Yeah but then he would have a higher high side pressure.

If he can put his hand on the discharge line and not say "ow" then I would say it is an inefficient compressor.

Really technical ain't I.

no ben you just old school incidently best school too. I fit into that claim to fame as I too blew out condensors with R12 (R22 and 502 when the boss wasn't looking) used a halide leak detector and soapy bubbles

New school is all that new fangled stuff that most of the time slows you down and distracts from good old thinkjing
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by Carrene #2
    Yeah but then he would have a higher high side pressure.

If he can put his hand on the discharge line and not say "ow" then I would say it is an inefficient compressor.

Really technical ain't I.
    Not tryin' to be smart, but maybe you could explain the thought to me about the higher discharge pressure due to higher evap cfm airflow.
    I'm a chiller feller. Only replied using my memory ( which is fadin' faster than I'd like ). LOL

[Edited by Carrene #2 on 07-21-2006 at 10:39 PM]