Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

is Goodman supposed to be cheaper?

i was checking some prices today, Goodman gave me a price that i thought was cheap.
    i assumed they would be the cheapest because it seems most companies install their stuff around here.
    i called American Standard and Carrier(Payne) and they are selling units for the exact same price.

if i was selling/installing equipment i'd probably go for the Payne stuff, if it wasn't for the fact it takes me two freaking hours to get in and out of that store.

Is Payne a popular brand where you are?

Most people around here think its a bad name for a unit and don't really want 1.

Take at look at each unit. Even tho they are the same price, one may prove to be slightly better built.
    www.mcleanair.com

"It was working until it quit."

Outdoor unit wise, can't think of anything built cheaper than a Payne. Plus you are putting Mexicans to work, not Americans

Goodman has brought their quality up so the may not be the cheapest anymore.

The only difference between Payne and Carrier is the paint color and name plate. They might have lower end models. Which are just older carrier designs.

Quote Originally Posted by JKC31 View Post
    The only difference between Payne and Carrier is the paint color and name plate. They might have lower end models. Which are just older carrier designs.
    Carrier and pain do usually come together in a sentence often.

Goodman has value brand called gmc. Tan paint. And amana i think is the 1up.

is Goodman supposed to be cheaper?
    Used to be, but not anymore. They have brought the quality way up to the point that we installed them now.

Just got a flyer on their new AHU, waiting to see it in person.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Goodman does not spend there money on advertising like others.Professional sports heros dont come cheap! Thus passing on savings. They have app.25% of market sales.,and made in US.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Outdoor unit wise, can't think of anything built cheaper than a Payne. Plus you are putting Mexicans to work, not Americans

Goodman has brought their quality up so the may not be the cheapest anymore.
    yeah, and You keep Mexican AMERICANS working too Sorry Baldy..That was just too good an opening to pass up!

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Used to be, but not anymore. They have brought the quality way up to the point that we installed them now.

Just got a flyer on their new AHU, waiting to see it in person.
    Model number?

Whoever said payne is the same as carrier:
    Just like air-ease is the same as lennox.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Out of all three of those being at the same price I would have to take the american standard. My personal opinion. They have some nice equipment in various product lines.

Goodman is like the middle of the pack unit very solid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast