Thread: HVAC Calculator

I noticed when I did my own calculations using this calculator my square footage came out smaller of about 300 sq. feet. I also noticed the same thing when a contractor did his own measurements. Is this because the measurements were done on the inside of the house vs. the outside?

Thanks again!

Smaller than what?
    I am the "Wally". All others are meer imitations of the original.

Yes. If I interpret your question correctly, you are asking why the HVAC square footage is smaller than what you thought the square footage of your house was? If this is correct it is because the square footage of a house ( as listed by an architect or builder ) is typically taken from the outside wall dimensions and you probably used the interior wall dimensions ( as you guessed ).

Originally posted by angy400
    I noticed when I did my own calculations using this calculator my square footage came out smaller of about 300 sq. feet. I also noticed the same thing when a contractor did his own measurements. Is this because the measurements were done on the inside of the house vs. the outside?

Thanks again!

tuccillo,
    Exactly what I thought.
    Thanks

Some real estate agents used to go from eve to eve, but they don't get away with that much anymore.

I wonder what sort of numbers that calc comes up with for adobe houses.