Several Rheem Questions--Mod and Other
    The HVAC contractor for the new house we are building has informed me that he does not install Rheem. He usually installs Carrier, Trane and Goodman. After much research, I had spec'd 2 Rheem mod furnace for our two story home, one in the attic. He has asked me to provide the model numbers of the furnace and AC units I want. I spec'd 13 SEER for the AC units.

The HVAC contractor has been pushing me to use a different furnace at least upstairs. He's telling me that the Rheem Mod downflow unit does not come in a horizontal unit. There is quite a bit of room in our attic, in fact, it is feet high at the peak. The Rheem mod downflow is only 34" high--what is the problem, and how much shorter are horizontal units?

Regarding cooling units, can someone tell me the difference between the following series:
    RANC Series and RAND series?
    http://www.rheemac.com/products/Prod...ensing%20Units

Both are "premium condensing units". Is there anything I should spec on these other than ordering the "A" series to get the better warranty? I'm leaning against a unit with the 410A refrigerant after doing some research on this board.

I am still concerned that the HVAC guy will not know how to intall the Rheem mod, like putting the sensor in the supply and setting up the system. I am about ready to tell my GC to find a Rheem certified installer. If the present HVAC reads the manual, should he be able to handle it? This is the same guy who refuses to put a return in each room upstairs, and I've about had it with this guy. See thread:
    http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...hreadid=109562

time for a new guy. get the Mod and the right returns. it's YOUR house for God's sake.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

what do you mean by the "right returns"?

return in each rooms.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

I'd heard somewhere there starting to sell a horizontal Mod model RGJD I believe is the model.

I called Rheem. No horizontal mod available or on the way.

Yes there is. RGJD should be availble in September-ish

Not doubting your information, but where did you hear that, and I guess the folks answering the phone at Rheem don't know about it yet.

Just remember, you heard it hear first!

And if Rheem can't do it, Trane has upflow furnace/air handlers that can be installed horizontally (mine is).

Rheem does make good stuff. I would have chosen it as my second brand to pick from. (I hope I don't ever get multi-brand overload like danglerb).