Thread: Seer rating.

Post Likes

Seer rating.

Builder states that unit is 16 seer. I have not seen a compressor showing this a/h to deliver that rating. Is it possible?
    – AHE60D3XH21 –
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fordracing19 View Post
    Builder states that unit is 16 seer. I have not seen a compressor showing this a/h to deliver that rating. Is it possible?
    – AHE60D3XH21 –
    only one combination in a family has to meet seer criteria, it could be a 2 ton 2.5 or 3 but rarely 5 ton

Post Likes
    I Google the a/h and it shows paired to an outside unit rated at 14.75 seer. I'm confused.

Post Likes
    Also to note it is a heat pump

Post Likes
    Manufacturers group their brochures and associated SEER brag based on the highest efficiency of the various combinations in that group of units. Normally there are either 4 or 7 sizes, depending on whether they're 2-stage or 1-stage, 7 being 1-stage. The only exception to the groups is 13-SEER, which is the federal minimum efficiency. Once a unit breaks through the level, all bets are off on what the ACTUAL efficiency is in a GROUP of units. In practice, the larger systems get the lowest SEER/EER/HSPF ratings.

If you're truly interested in the ACTUAL SEER/EER rating of your equipment combination, you have two resources where you can glean that information. The manufacturer has it all as does the AHRI.org. Take your choice.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fordracing19 View Post
    Also to note it is a heat pump
    The outdoor unit will have the SEER listing not the indoor. In the 16 SEER family 2,3, 4, and 5 ton are all listed as 16 SEER units only one set up needs to meet 16 SEER for all of them to be listed as 16 SEER, even though the 5 ton does not meet the criteria it is still part of the family.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in