+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: York Chiller weird alarms

Post Likes
    I agree, Yes it a VSD. I will try to get this done asap. thanks, good input.

I had a similar problem on a carrier and that turned out to be only the actuator, it was messed up. So that's why i had to ask..i just got this feeling in my belly.

Post Likes
    update,

so come to find out the VOV is frozen and will not move, which in turn fried the actuator. It amazes me why i have to find this out well after the fact. been this way for sometime from what i have been told. So will make plans to repair it. Not sure when this happened. I'm not on site there a lot and for the most part it runs but never has to fully load. So i guess they figured they didn't have to fix it. but i plan too. This building landed in my lap several months ago, so i have been finding a lot of interesting things. need to find a good York service provider in the Atlanta, GA area.

I plan to do this during our winter shut down and PM.

KnewYork, your know your stuff and i appreciated your input..Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dlove
    I plan to do this during our winter shut down and PM.
    You, as in yourself? Or are you going to bring someone in to perform the repairs? I haven't heard of a VOV becoming "stuck" and inoperable. It's just a butterfly valve. Have you removed the actuator and tried to turn the VOV with an adjustable wrench? Also, if you take the actuator and set it on the ground can you get it to operate from the condenser level screen (in the service mode)? The actuators shouldn't "fry" because the valve is stuck. Not saying it isn't, but I would be inclined to double check it.

Post Likes
    dlove, put an email address or allow PM in your profile and I'll send you a referral for a company in Atlanta.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    dlove, put an email address or allow PM in your profile and I'll send you a referral for a company in Atlanta.
    my profile has my e-mail ...just so you know the property is closer to Macon Ga. 1.5 hr from Atlanta if that helps.

Yes, i spoke to my Tech he tried to move the VOV and we disconnected the actuator he said they both don't move.

Post Likes
    Sorry, I must have missed it earlier. I sent you an email.

Post Likes
    How old is this machine, and is this original board for this unit.I have been told by wiser ex york techs that the lithium battery has a limited life as also found in the manual.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    How old is this machine, and is this original board for this unit.I have been told by wiser ex york techs that the lithium battery has a limited life as also found in the manual.
    The battery is only to hold the program during power failures. It has nothing to do with causing random faults or not starting. If the battery goes bad the chiller goes to the default program.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy80 View Post
    The battery is only to hold the program during power failures. It has nothing to do with causing random faults or not starting. If the battery goes bad the chiller goes to the default program.
    Also, from the pictures, I assume it is an optiview, the battery is in the b-ram. No lithium battery. And I've only ever seen one go bad one time in a ycas.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    You, as in yourself? Or are you going to bring someone in to perform the repairs? I haven't heard of a VOV becoming "stuck" and inoperable. It's just a butterfly valve. Have you removed the actuator and tried to turn the VOV with an adjustable wrench? Also, if you take the actuator and set it on the ground can you get it to operate from the condenser level screen (in the service mode)? The actuators shouldn't "fry" because the valve is stuck. Not saying it isn't, but I would be inclined to double check it.
    I've seen this several times. The first valves they used actually had the wrong material in for the seals and the 123 was eating the seals causing them to leak and sometimes freeze up.... a big enough wrench you could move them, but for the most part, they were froze-up. I changed several of these out on warranty/ customer sat work orders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in