Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How old is this machine, and is this original board for this unit.I have been told by wiser ex york techs that the lithium battery has a limited life as also found in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    How old is this machine, and is this original board for this unit.I have been told by wiser ex york techs that the lithium battery has a limited life as also found in the manual.
    The battery is only to hold the program during power failures. It has nothing to do with causing random faults or not starting. If the battery goes bad the chiller goes to the default program.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy80 View Post
    The battery is only to hold the program during power failures. It has nothing to do with causing random faults or not starting. If the battery goes bad the chiller goes to the default program.
    Also, from the pictures, I assume it is an optiview, the battery is in the b-ram. No lithium battery. And I've only ever seen one go bad one time in a ycas.

Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    You, as in yourself? Or are you going to bring someone in to perform the repairs? I haven't heard of a VOV becoming "stuck" and inoperable. It's just a butterfly valve. Have you removed the actuator and tried to turn the VOV with an adjustable wrench? Also, if you take the actuator and set it on the ground can you get it to operate from the condenser level screen (in the service mode)? The actuators shouldn't "fry" because the valve is stuck. Not saying it isn't, but I would be inclined to double check it.
    I've seen this several times. The first valves they used actually had the wrong material in for the seals and the 123 was eating the seals causing them to leak and sometimes freeze up.... a big enough wrench you could move them, but for the most part, they were froze-up. I changed several of these out on warranty/ customer sat work orders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123