Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

York Chiller weird alarms

Model YTH1A4E1CNJ

Weird alarms coming in, chiller will not run it. appears that there is a problem with the diagnostic board. The faults that show up keep changing along with the dates of the faults. Then the fault history will clear and start over again. All of this happens without the chiller even running. Now I am back to my original theory that it caught a stray power surge caused by the storms that went through here over the weekend.

Any thoughts?

check for short on a sensor or transducer. also check all ribbons and wire connections are pushed in. i just had a yt fail because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by chillersinc View Post
    check for short on a sensor or transducer. also check all ribbons and wire connections are pushed in. i just had a yt fail because of this.
    agree, sounds like a loose wire or connection.

Update... I did check all connections and everything went back to working great. I cant pin point which wire or connection, but i did find a few loose. I think that was it...Thanks for the tip!!

Depending on York chiller type, there is an external box located over the cooler barrel,weather proof. Has all temp./safety wires in it,I have found rubbed/cut wiring inside giving false alarms,open it up and replace all wirenuts. Should make problems stop at once,
    With severe weather could have become wet inside.

New issues, The system ran great for a awhile than shut down. Power down and up , screen passes dia. but the unit will not run. I see the red light on MB CR18 failure. any ideas?

The red light doesn't necessarily mean anything. The manual tells of its function. I think almost every board I've seen has the red light illuminated. Let's get specific...from the M/N it should be an Optiview panel. Is it the original microboard 031-01730-xxx? What do the two lines on the top left of the Optiview home screen say?

00000005.jpg00000001.jpg

check this out not sure of the last few numbers 000 or 040....

O.K., you have a 031-01730-000 board. According to the second photo you are in the local mode and service level and the system is stopped. What happens when you push the rocker switch on the panel to the start/run position? Does the system go into pre-lube? What does the screen (top two lines) say then. In the photo you've shown indicates the rocker switch is off.

Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    O.K., you have a 031-01730-000 board. According to the second photo you are in the local mode and service level and the system is stopped. What happens when you push the rocker switch on the panel to the start/run position? Does the system go into pre-lube? What does the screen (top two lines) say then. In the photo you've shown indicates the rocker switch is off.
    when we push to run, nothing happens. the screen stays the same.

What have you done to troubleshoot the circuit from the 120 VAC on the terminal block to and through the rocker switch? Start there and follow that path until you find out why you aren't getting power to the point of initiating a run command.

Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    What have you done to troubleshoot the circuit from the 120 VAC on the terminal block to and through the rocker switch? Start there and follow that path until you find out why you aren't getting power to the point of initiating a run command.
    I had a chance to visit the site and started to check that out. i will follow through. My immediate thought that it may be the switch. I will let you know. Thanks for the fast responce

Quote Originally Posted by dlove View Post
    i will follow through. My immediate thought that it may be the switch. I will let you know. Thanks for the fast responce.
    Inquiring minds want to know...what did you find?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast