Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How is putting a 3 speed motor going to help? The single speed is probably 1075 rpms. Your going to have a 3 speed motor and will want it on the high speed tap, which is going to be 1075 rpms.

Even if the 3 speed motor is 1075 rpms on high speed the upgraded motor I am using is rated for 4 tons just because the speed is the same does not mean the horsepower and the squirrel cage are the same as the single speed blower assembly that is in the furnace now. I do not believe the original blower is rated for anything more than 3 tons if that much. I will find out when I put the new one in, if the horsepower rating and squirrel cage are larger.

Wow....

Good luck. If I was upsizing to a 4 ton drive Id also be upsizing the coil and condenser...

don't see how the blower is going to help. You can only move so much air through that crappy little ductwork. Gonna howl like a banshee through the door of the furnace, what with no return duct just a door grill. Good luck.
    "Go big or Go Home"

I can get a larger blower, can get a 3 and/or 4 speed blower, but agree the duct work can only handle so much air. Not to worry though after I was there and cleaned the condenser, corrected the charge the system has been keeping up just fine ever since and it has been a warmer than normal summer!

The A coil can look clean but a lot of dust gets in past the doors. I like when they are in the laundry room. I can hook a hose up to the washing machine connection and wash out the coil without pulling it.

I have worked on a few mobile homes this year. The old single wide maybe '70's or 80's had the little aluminum duct. The mid 90's double wide had large insulated duct all the way down both halves.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12