Post Likes

Testo Digital Manifolds vs. Digital?

So I was looking for technical support for my 523 that won't turn on anymore and couldn't find it but found this I guess somethings get lost in translation lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gauBNvipOzo

Anybody know what the symptom of a dead button battery does to a second gen 523? With fresh main batteries the back light comes on but nothing else.

From the look of it not sure if I cut off the cover if the battery stays put without the case in front.

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Likely same housing for the 523 as the 556 and 560 which had battery back up and wireless module.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Still confused.
    So this area could be room for those extra 556/560 parts and not access to the battery? This is a 523 Did they have back up for the clock and stuff?
    I went to turn it on today and the batteries seemed dead. I changed them and when it went to boot up I saw Possibly "replace battery" on the main screen but it was missing MANY charters. That's when I noticed only the back light worked after that.
    The thing had a broken temperature sensor shortly after I got it so it was sitting in the cab a while as backup till today.

Post Likes
    Nevermind

I opened it and there is no Button Battery but I did find a tiny spot where a main battery leaked onto the pcb

FWIW it might have been ok if it was stored on its back. It must have been front facing down