+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walk in pump down

Post Likes

Walk in pump down

Hello looking for some help, this is my first post. From the past i would goggle the problem that i had and the answers always came from this site so i thought i would jump on board. I installed heatcraft m/n cht008x6bfm mid temp
    Running on 404a and installed a new evap with the standard txv and solenoid last week. After running 2 days a got a call saying there was ice build up, the ice starts from the bottom and works its way up the coil over time,(not running a time clock). My pressures are 200/60 on 65 degree day with a 40 degree box temp. Seeing that everything is new I decided to turn up the tstat and make sure my unit pumped down and shut off on temp. After doing this my solenoid gets energized and seems to never close all the way leaving the unit running and never pumping down. Has anyone seen a new solenoid be bad.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    You got solder in it when you sweated it in.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post

Yep.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    or you installed it backwards....

Post Likes
    Snap it on and off a bunch of times.. Might clean it out. I would just pump it down from the king valve and take it apart and inspect it, clean it, or replace the guts if you burnt it up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    or you installed it backwards....
    I did that once, just once ...... I now triple check arrows before install & once again before i burn it in

Post Likes
    We had had a bunch of problems with Sporland solenoid valves not closing.. My company wont install them any more after like the 3rd one in a year. One of those was A flare valve too

Post Likes
    I also had problems with new sporlan solinoids, I started oiling them when I put them together and have not had problems since.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastcomfort View Post
    Hello looking for some help, this is my first post. From the past i would goggle the problem that i had and the answers always came from this site so i thought i would jump on board. I installed heatcraft m/n cht008x6bfm mid temp
    Running on 404a and installed a new evap with the standard txv and solenoid last week. After running 2 days a got a call saying there was ice build up, the ice starts from the bottom and works its way up the coil over time,(not running a time clock). My pressures are 200/60 on 65 degree day with a 40 degree box temp. Seeing that everything is new I decided to turn up the tstat and make sure my unit pumped down and shut off on temp. After doing this my solenoid gets energized and seems to never close all the way leaving the unit running and never pumping down. Has anyone seen a new solenoid be bad.
    Thanks
    Ok...regardless of the issue with the solenoid valve youvsay the unit doesn't have a time clock?

What is the evap temp?

Post Likes
    Yeah I think there was some kind of service bulletin on the valves.

Post Likes
    what is the low pressure switch set at? is the valve horizontal or vertical? if its vertical that could be your problem.i like to install mine horizontal.if its vertical when the solonoid deenergizes it might not be pulling all the way back in.

Post Likes
    I see some of the new ones are coming with a little brass washer to help them close. Maybe there was a problem with them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in