electrolux combi oven

electrolux combi oven

There is a combi oven in one of the kitchen areas I work in. model A0S06A2ECM1.The issue is one of the 3 inline 80 amp 700v fuses opens about every 6 months.This is 3 phase 208/240 volt. Are there any issue with this unit that I am not seeing. Unit operates as it should.Preforms well. We have had a tech out to do a couple of repairs and he could not find an issue.This was about a year ago(It was a donation that needed a repair to get it operable which the factory covered.I believe it is still under warranty concession from manufacturer.

I'm not familiar with that particular unit, but I'll offer a fairly general suggestion from my experiences. Whenever I encounter an issue involving an arbitrarily blown fuse in a high amperage circuit where no circuit problems are evident, I take a close look at the fuseholder. I poor wire connection to it or between the holder and fuse will get hot under load. If the fuse gets hot, it will go bad.
    Two ways to find this:

1) After the equipment has been running for awhile, shut it down and remove power to unit. "Feel" the fuses. Be careful though. If one is hot, it may be VERY hot. As such, if you have an infrared thermometer, use it instead.

2) A voltage drop test across the fuse holder. Read across the wires connected to the fuse holder.

If you determine that's the problem, replace the fuseholder. Trim the wires back to clean, unoxidized stands, then make good, tight wire connections to it.

"You never know what others don't know." -

thank you