Thread: cme 506

cme 506

another tech was at this ice machine and it was giving a fault long harvest cycle no ice sensed. side note im working here with limited info, i wasnt out there. he said it makes ice with in the time period 19-23 mins. anyways he called tech support and the guy said the eyes are dirty and are not sensing the ice. to me i feel if thats the case it will shut down on the notorius bin full fault. tech support may be right but this tech gives little info once he hears thats the problem he will run with that.
    its been a while since i came across this fault on scotsman im kind of leaning towards the water level sensor telling the board the sump is empty go into harvest or im confusing it with manitowocs dirty probe issue. i might be going outh there monday looking for some pointers.

I have seen bin eyes not sensing ice and not off on bin full. Sounds like you will have to watch a cycle or 2 to determine what problem is. It could be faulty water level sensor causing premature harvest.