+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 51 Seconds to 500 Microns

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    brand and CFM please?
    Yellow Jacket SuperEvac 6 CFM

Post Likes
    I'd double check it. i think it is only 1/2 cause mine is 6 CFM and it's half inch.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    I'd double check it. i think it is only 1/2 cause mine is 6 CFM and it's half inch.
    From YellowJacket web site

"Intake fitting for 4 and 6 CFM (3/8" Male Flare x 3/4" NPT)"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    From YellowJacket web site

"Intake fitting for 4 and 6 CFM (3/8" Male Flare x 3/4" NPT)"
    OK. It was worth a shot

Google the part number and go to the sites...there will be phone numbers call and ask for your size tee

Post Likes
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks

Post Likes
    Where do i get on of these?
    check out this link ... lots of different size/configerations
    http://www.centurytool.net/Flared_Tu...gs_s/37883.htm

Post Likes
    man, I'm gonna have to finally invest in the high dollar hoses. bought a new set yesterday (4' with the 6" shorty's and ball valves. got them home. started testing with the micron gauge and pump......NONE of them would hold a deep vacuum. Even the 6" I had previously been using to attach the gauge to the CRT (which used to hold) is now leaking....frustrating.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    man, I'm gonna have to finally invest in the high dollar hoses. bought a new set yesterday (4' with the 6" shorty's and ball valves. got them home. started testing with the micron gauge and pump......NONE of them would hold a deep vacuum. Even the 6" I had previously been using to attach the gauge to the CRT (which used to hold) is now leaking....frustrating.
    your not putting your micron gauge on one end of the hose and the other on the pump are you? What we are trying to accomplish is mass flow when we use big hoses.

Here is a test you can do..

Install one or 2 VCRT's to a 50 lb recovery cylinder and pull a vacuum on it. If your hoses are in good condition you will be able to pull a deep vacuum. I would say 200 microns... Isolate the VCRT's from the pump and hoses and your vacuum should hold if you have boiled everything off.
    The other thing to remember, if those hoses you purchased are 1/4" you will be waiting awhile to achieve that vacuum.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    your not putting your micron gauge on one end of the hose and the other on the pump are you? What we are trying to accomplish is mass flow when we use big hoses.

Install one or 2 VCRT's to a 50 lb recovery cylinder and pull a vacuum on it. If your hoses are in good condition you will be able to pull a deep vacuum. I would say 200 microns... Isolate the VCRT's from the pump and hoses and your vacuum should hold if you have boiled everything off.
    The other thing to remember, if those hoses you purchased are 1/4" you will be waiting awhile to achieve that vacuum.
    The video in your tagline is by far one of the best I have ever seen. LOL
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    The video in your tagline is by far one of the best I have ever seen. LOL
    Well thanks. I throughly enjoyed it. Im glad I could share that with you. Finally HVAC is getting some good publicity!

On another note. Anyone try NRP 1/2" vacuum hoses? The price is similar to Appion but Appion is about a month lead time Im told. Thinking about going with NRP for convince. I use their regular hoses and they hold up well.

Is there any difference in the way Appion makes their hoses?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    1/2 inch hoses seem too bulky to me. I'm thinking about going with 3/8 hoses. Anyone have any data comparing the pull down times between the two?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    FWIW I pulled a vacuum on my small 30# recovery tank today three different ways
    after a few pulls to clear it out I timed using.....

1. 3/8 YJ hose with 3/8x1/4 fitting on the liquid valve and 3/8 YJ hose with 3/8x1/4 fitting to the vapor valve. connections went directly to my JB7cfm

2. 1/2 Appion hose with 3/8x1/4 fitting on the vapor valve and the same 3/8 YJ hose on the liquid valve. Both hoses directly to my pump.

I did each way twice (YJ,YJ)-(A,YJ)-(A,YJ)-(YJ,YJ) in this order.

1. pulled the tank down to 25000 microns in 0:49sec. and 4:45 min to 500 microns.

2. pulled the tank down to 25000 microns in 0:47sec. and 2:46 min to 500 microns and in 4:00 min. went down to 270 microns.

3. The last one 4S&G's I did a YJ TitanII that I pulled the restrictive stainless steel mesh out of each port. Had 2- 3Ft 1/4" hoses with the core depressor in like you would have for regular service to the wide open liquid and vapor valves on the tank and one 3/8 hose with 3/8x3/8 fittings to the 3/8 port on the manifold and 3/8 on the pump.

3. pulled the tank down to 25000 microns in 1:00min. and 16:00 mins. to 500 microns.
    1/2 inch hoses seem too bulky to me. I'm thinking about going with 3/8 hoses. Anyone have any data comparing the pull down times between the two?
    270wsm check out post #40 above

Post Likes
    They make a good hose also, most of them are Goodyear GY5. The Appion hoses seem very supple for 1/2" hose. I am not sure however if they are GY5 or a proprietary hose. I do know that every hose is tested for performance and tightness under vacuum.

FYI the fittings make little to no difference on the hoses, in other words, a 1/2" hose with 3/8" fittings will flow the same as 1/2" hose with 1/2" fittings. It is the hose size itself that makes the difference. We will have the standard Appion 1/2" hose in stock as of Tuesday new week.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    I own 3/8..

I called Appion friday with the same question. Christian who is a member here told me they pulled a 10 ton unit to 500 microns with 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"

1/4" took about and hr
    3/8" 20 mins
    1/2" 3 mins.

Im ordering my 1/2" hoses this week!

Post Likes
    They make a good hose also, most of them are Goodyear GY5. The Appion hoses seem very supple for 1/2" hose. I am not sure however if they are GY5 or a proprietary hose. I do know that every hose is tested for performance and tightness under vacuum.

FYI the fittings make little to no difference on the hoses, in other words, a 1/2" hose with 3/8" fittings will flow the same as 1/2" hose with 1/2" fittings. It is the hose size itself that makes the difference. We will have the standard Appion 1/2" hose in stock as of Tuesday new week.
    WHat length? I want 1/2" diameter hose, 1/4" 45* on one side and 3/8" straight on the other..

Post Likes
    Per the few requests, I rebuild the kit as an option kit.

http://www.trutechtools.com/RapidEvac
    Just ordered my rapid evac kit. Custom order. And it's about time they will ship to Canada. Can't wait to compare my method of pulling a Vaccum and the kit I'm getting.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdc View Post
    Just ordered my rapid evac kit. Custom order. And it's about time they will ship to Canada. Can't wait to compare my method of pulling a Vaccum and the kit I'm getting.
    Thanks for the order, we had stopped shipping to Canada for awhile. We were getting hit with a lot of fraudulent orders to the tune of over 10K

I think it was a theft ring. We had to shut down. I just opened it again last week.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post

CRT on the pump, then the 6" hose to the gauge.....I just wanted to check my 6" hose I had been using, as it didn't seem to be holding anymore.....getting to 200 wasn't the problem, staying there was the issue. as a stopgap, I ordered the YJ 45* female to female metal fitting to connect the gauge to the CRT. gonna have to save my pennies i guess.

Post Likes
    THere is not enough volume in that hose is what I learned here. Basically all hose are permeable and it is normal for the micron reading to increase. What you want to do is that test I wrote and see what happens. I use that YJ coupling. It is nice but I like having a ball valve in series with the gauge. I made that with some parts from YJ. They also increase in microns as I let it sit there...

Post Likes
    Thanks for the order, we had stopped shipping to Canada for awhile. We were getting hit with a lot of fraudulent orders to the tune of over 10K

I think it was a theft ring. We had to shut down. I just opened it again last week.
    Thanks for starting that up again.
    Cant order right now but funds will be allocated. Eventually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in