Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also. I didnt want to pull the panels. It became obvious washing it from the inside wasnt doing jack $hit. I had to get the layer of surface dirt washed off before I could get the packed dirt to start washing out.

After you've taken them apart a few times it gets easier, especially with a cordless drill and a 5/16 magnetic nut driver bit. I've never seen that much packed dirt.
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    ― Benjamin Franklin

It did take me awhile to pull it apart, even with the impact. The panels didnt want to slide up and out even after getting past the plastic tab on bottom

The trick with cleaning organic's from a trane coil is to have the condenser fan motor running while burning the coil off. Keep the torch moving. It works great for cottonwood and grass clippings.

Now the compressor will fail and the customer will say "Its because you cleaned it".

Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    Now the compressor will fail and the customer will say "Its because you cleaned it".
    Bet on it.

No good deed and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    I fixed an old comfortmaker at an appartment building. After I was done i hosed it off. Next to it was a 25 year old spine fin Carrier completely packed with cottonwood. I hosed it off too. Next day the compressor terminals burned off. luckily I was able to use one of those repair kits on it.

Thats like the 3rd time I've killed a unit with kindness.

Somebody stole the fan motor and covers off that unit. Sad......
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    Somebody stole the fan motor and covers off that unit. Sad......
    LOL. I admit it, it was me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12