Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In my experience Goodman units simply have more problems. Here is my idea of why.

If you go to your local Walmart you will see a computer for 249 bucks. WOW you say and the guy will tell you they use the same parts as every other manufacturer of computers. So is the public being ripped off by the other companies? NO.

Part manufacters (such as Copeland) have strict QC checks. The quality is checked many times as the parts are manufactured and inevitably some parts fail. They will still sell the operating parts for much less than the parts that pass the QC checks. That way companies such as E-Machine (and Goodman) can afford to make cheap models.

These things run at a certain risk going back to the computer analogy I have an e-machine that has been running without problems for 8 years but my friend bought one and has had problems with it since it came out of the box. There is no real parts warranty because the manufacturer of the parts dont give warranty on the stuff they sell that fail QC tests.

It's a crap shoot. You may buy a Goodman unit and never have any real problems but then again you may get one that never works right. It's a chance you take because in the HVAC department you literally get what you pay for.

I don't buy the last post. I think Goodman uses the same parts any other brand does.

They use the same brand but I would be willing to bet they dont use the same QC score parts as other companies. They are cheaply made and I wouldn't recommend anyone buying one unless you like to gamble.

Originally posted by cdn hvac
    I stoped in at the local Goodman Dealer today to pick up a part for a warranty call. I wish I had my camera because some hack bought some codensers and coils and was removing them from there boxes so he could stuff them into his STATION WAGON. His wife was helping and yes they couldnt speek da Eglish very well.

Only at Goodman do I see things like that.

Classic. Pretty judgemental. Could be a great tech in a rag-mobile, while a CLOWN picks up the pretty new (other brand) from a "reputable" dealership in his new shiney white van with advertisement on the side.

Goodman is no better/worse than any brand. Everyone will have opinions, personally if it airconditions I can work on it, regardless of what's stamped on the side. Everything mechanical can break down. I've seen new Trane/Carriers with tons of probs....mostly INSTALL probs. Same with Goodman/other brands.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I disagree that Goodman is just as good as any other brand. Like you said however everyone has their own opinion. However basing your opinion on the fact that you can fix anything isnt a good way to prove your point. Goodman units are used by builders because they are so much cheaper. Look at the cost for a comparison of quality unless you saying noone should ever install Trane, American Standard, Carrier or any of the other mid to high end units available. Come on man!

Originally posted by seana
    I disagree that Goodman is just as good as any other brand. Like you said however everyone has their own opinion. However basing your opinion on the fact that you can fix anything isnt a good way to prove your point. Goodman units are used by builders because they are so much cheaper. Look at the cost for a comparison of quality unless you saying noone should ever install Trane, American Standard, Carrier or any of the other mid to high end units available. Come on man!
    Goodman isn't cheap, just less expensive. Trane,Carrier, all brands have "builder's" grade models, you know this.Compare apples to apples. Are you saying a 13 seer "builder's line" Trane/Carrier or whatever is superior to a Goodman? Please explain. Our Carriers didn't even come stock with coil covers....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Hmm:

I started to type out a long reply to this, then I realized it is in an open forum.........
    But, Goodman here is one of the hardest accounts to prove that you are legally licensed to buy from their distributor.

Goodman is just as good as the rest, and regardless, it has a warranty. I think the 14 seer has a 10 year compressor warranty even. The main thing that everyone here is forgetting, is that it doesn't matter what brand you have installed, it matters who installs it.

Originally posted by smokin68
    Classic. Pretty judgemental. Could be a great tech in a rag-mobile, while a CLOWN picks up the pretty new (other brand) from a "reputable" dealership in his new shiney white van with advertisement on the side.
    AMEN! Brother your right on God Bless the working man out there trying to earn a honest living and not living off the Government,and I guess you have to have a $50,000 truck to qualify to be an a/c tech. and personally I sell RUUD have for over 15 years, but I would sell a Goodman in a heartbeat if the customer asked for one, They are located in Houston and I have "never" had a hard time getting any replacemant parts or "any" warranty issues period but I am just speaking honestly from my personal experience.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

i was always a trane man, if a trane didn't fit into the attic we didn't do the job. then we started using rheem due to the size of them. i was always trane washed, ( quality...). now that i sub for more then one mechanical, i will install anything. the only problem i have with goodman, is the gauge of metal used to construct the cabinet and the doors.real easy to flip the coil, pull the blower.and its kind of stupid the way the screws are for the filter door.half the time the unit is laying down,and the screw is underneath. or the screws are againest the wall in a upflow install.other then that,it's all in the install.not the equipment.

Originally posted by danglerb
    Every brand but Goodman sells strictly to the trade. Goodman anybody can buy off the internet etc., including buying replacement parts. Its a question of profit as well as protection of the craft, plus a few years back Goodman had some quality issues in the cheapo lines.

GSC14 I would can a good value system.
    This is completely wrong and not from a person who is even in the HVAC industry.

No manufacturer of HVAC equipment sells their equipment on the Internet, but ALL brands of equipment can be bought by contractors who sell equipment on the Internet.

There is not a brand manufactured that has not had issues over the years. Goodman has a standing statement that they have fewer percentage of warrantied parts then any other manufacturer and for 8 years now this statement has not been challenged by any other manufacturer.

The fact is that most contractors like Goodman. You just got a few that are misinformed.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

In my experience Goodman units simply have more problems. Here is my idea of why.

If you go to your local Walmart you will see a computer for 249 bucks. WOW you say and the guy will tell you they use the same parts as every other manufacturer of computers. So is the public being ripped off by the other companies? NO.

Part manufacters (such as Copeland) have strict QC checks. The quality is checked many times as the parts are manufactured and inevitably some parts fail. They will still sell the operating parts for much less than the parts that pass the QC checks. That way companies such as E-Machine (and Goodman) can afford to make cheap models.

These things run at a certain risk going back to the computer analogy I have an e-machine that has been running without problems for 8 years but my friend bought one and has had problems with it since it came out of the box. There is no real parts warranty because the manufacturer of the parts dont give warranty on the stuff they sell that fail QC tests.

It's a crap shoot. You may buy a Goodman unit and never have any real problems but then again you may get one that never works right. It's a chance you take because in the HVAC department you literally get what you pay for.
    Another completely wrong post with absolutely no proper information and some really dumb opinions.

Goodman units unit mostly Copeland compressors and are the only company that is so successful that they make so many units that they must use other compressor brands as well because Copeland cannot keep up with the volume that Goodman does.

The bulk of Goodman equipment is purchased by national contractors that so bulk housing. Depending on how these housing units are maintained makes the difference in how long any system lasts, but I have several hundred such complexes in my area that have very little issues with the lower level Goodman systems operating under adverse conditions.

Buy what you want, don't matter to me, but at least know what you are talking about if you are going to post something on the Internet.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq

Another completely wrong post with absolutely no proper information and some really dumb opinions.

Goodman units unit mostly Copeland compressors and are the only company that is so successful that they make so many units that they must use other compressor brands as well because Copeland cannot keep up with the volume that Goodman does.

The bulk of Goodman equipment is purchased by national contractors that so bulk housing. Depending on how these housing units are maintained makes the difference in how long any system lasts, but I have several hundred such complexes in my area that have very little issues with the lower level Goodman systems operating under adverse conditions.

Buy what you want, don't matter to me, but at least know what you are talking about if you are going to post something on the Internet.
    Yeah ,you really have to know you stuff to post it on the internet,everybody else that posts knows what their talking about!!!LOL

Sorry couldn't resist.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast