Question Questions about Fieldpiece SMAN3 digital manifold

I've never used Fieldpiece instruments.

1. With the SMAN3, if a person wanted to measure temperature on a pipe larger than the pipe clamp is suitable for, is it possible to plug a Fluke temp sensor into the SMAN3, or maybe use a Fieldpiece temp sensor from another instrument?

2. According to info at the Fieldpiece website, the pressure range is only up to 500 psig. So on the R-410A systems on our hottest (110 - 120 degree) days, with the system not operating with "high" discharge pressure, won't the SMAN3 be useless? What will it read, "overload" or something similar?

3. Has anybody found the "ideal" digital manifold yet, that won't need to be replaced when the "better" model is made?
    I'm still learning this trade.

Question 3: As soon as the color of a popular meter or instrument is changed by the mfr, there a little voice is most hvac gus yells " i gotta have it now!!".

Quote Originally Posted by uhPrintUs View Post
    I've never used Fieldpiece instruments.

1. With the SMAN3, if a person wanted to measure temperature on a pipe larger than the pipe clamp is suitable for, is it possible to plug a Fluke temp sensor into the SMAN3, or maybe use a Fieldpiece temp sensor from another instrument?

2. According to info at the Fieldpiece website, the pressure range is only up to 500 psig. So on the R-410A systems on our hottest (110 - 120 degree) days, with the system not operating with "high" discharge pressure, won't the SMAN3 be useless? What will it read, "overload" or something similar?

3. Has anybody found the "ideal" digital manifold yet, that won't need to be replaced when the "better" model is made?

1. Yes you can plug the Fluke sensor in. Fieldpiece also offers a pipe temperature clamp that goes up to 2 1/4 inches. Part number ATC2

2. We need to update the website. The pressure range is up to 800 psi. No the SMAN3 will not be useless in this situation. What is the highest pressure reading you have encountered on those 120 degree days?

3. Any manufacture worth their salt is going to always look to make things better and better! Everyone benefits by manufactures that have this attitude.

Travis- #2_624#, that was choo-choo's magic # for internal relief opening
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ault51 View Post
    1. Yes you can plug the Fluke sensor in. Fieldpiece also offers a pipe temperature clamp that goes up to 2 1/4 inches. Part number ATC2

2. We need to update the website. The pressure range is up to 800 psi. No the SMAN3 will not be useless in this situation. What is the highest pressure reading you have encountered on those 120 degree days?

3. Any manufacture worth their salt is going to always look to make things better and better! Everyone benefits by manufactures that have this attitude.
    Well said.

BTW..when the heck is the SMAN 4 comin' out???? I gotta have it now that I am accustomed to the SMAN 3.

gotta have my instrument fix!!

Quote Originally Posted by ault51 View Post
    What is the highest pressure reading you have encountered on those 120 degree days?
    When it was 115Ί in my neck of the woods last summer, I was finding R-410a units, with dirty condenser coils, running 550-580 psig head pressure.
    Of course it is not uncommon for me to find R-22 units running >400 psig head pressure.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.