Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

york yt air removal

is the only way to remove the air on a r123 yt to use a portable purge ? By warming the evap from hot water heater in mech rm the leaks I have found a,oil around comp equalizer line solenoid and 3 way purge solenoid. Suction elbow shaft seal and rupture disk were changed a year ago. Customer doesnot wantto pay york to overhaul machine which it probably needs since it sat for 2 years not running with only 200 pounds of r123. Machine is full off air. Since the purge only runs when comp runs I dont thing it will get this air out. Customer just wants machine running, they refuse to have gas pulled and pressure test. They want my boss to buy a portable purge. This customer really sucks.I was told another tech had fixed leaks and added 400 lbs a year or so ago but machine has just sat airbound since when maint guys runns it it goes of on evap pressure transducer. Customer just wants bandaids. They want me to purge air into a recovery cylinder ? This machine I thinks needs more work then I know how to do, have a boss and customer just wanting a bandaid, dont have a portable purge, machine sat for 2 years due to customer being cheap and not paying york to repair it. What the F.

??? Do you have a low pressure recovery machine? There is a way if you do!
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

air removal

there is a low pressure recovery machine on site with vac pump built in

No, you could run it at minimum load and allow purge to take care of it, would need to be watched carefully though, negative pressure can be a real pain, if every manufacturer of negative pressure machines said there machines were tight there'd be no need for purge units.

I have heard of people blowing off air via valves from condenser, however this practice is an absolute no.no, you got a leaker call in someone to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by t2 View Post
    is the only way to remove the air on a r123 yt to use a portable purge ? By warming the evap from hot water heater in mech rm the leaks I have found a,oil around comp equalizer line solenoid and 3 way purge solenoid. Suction elbow shaft seal and rupture disk were changed a year ago. Customer doesnot wantto pay york to overhaul machine which it probably needs since it sat for 2 years not running with only 200 pounds of r123. Machine is full off air. Since the purge only runs when comp runs I dont thing it will get this air out. Customer just wants machine running, they refuse to have gas pulled and pressure test. They want my boss to buy a portable purge. This customer really sucks.I was told another tech had fixed leaks and added 400 lbs a year or so ago but machine has just sat airbound since when maint guys runns it it goes of on evap pressure transducer. Customer just wants bandaids. They want me to purge air into a recovery cylinder ? This machine I thinks needs more work then I know how to do, have a boss and customer just wanting a bandaid, dont have a portable purge, machine sat for 2 years due to customer being cheap and not paying york to repair it. What the F.
    this isn't a window air conditioner. if you are not sure how to go about repairing it and the customer doesn't want to pay to repair it properly....RUN! i can all-but-guarantee you that once it is 'fixed' you will have other issues and this customer will blame it on you. the customer is NOT always right, if they were, they could fix it themselves. sometimes, you need to fire customers...do it nicely....but recommend that they have someone else repair it and let them have the nightmare.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

Quote Originally Posted by t2 View Post
    This machine I thinks needs more work then I know how to do,........
    I believe that's probably a wise thought, and one that you should act upon.

t2,
    after reading this post and your other one, I wonder what your boss and your customer are doing to protect you from the 123 hazards. There is only one way to fix this machine and if your boss and your customer dont like it, then F them-You are the frontliner who needs to go home to your family safely at the end of the day.

In the words of Nancy Regan (JUST SAY NO !) or (Forest Gump Run Forest Run)
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Quote Originally Posted by largetonnage View Post
    t2,
    after reading this post and your other one, I wonder what your boss and your customer are doing to protect you from the 123 hazards. There is only one way to fix this machine and if your boss and your customer dont like it, then F them-You are the frontliner who needs to go home to your family safely at the end of the day.
    Are the 123 hazards any different from any other refrigerant hazards?

BTW if the customer is cheap and doesn't want to invest in his HVAC system, then like said eailier , piss on him. Don't do the work ,damn sure dont do it for free, things cost , either they want it fixed or they don't,
    And u better believe, once u touch it , IT'S YOURS!!
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    Are the 123 hazards any different from any other refrigerant hazards?

BTW if the customer is cheap and doesn't want to invest in his HVAC system, then like said eailier , piss on him. Don't do the work ,damn sure dont do it for free, things cost , either they want it fixed or they don't,
    And u better believe, once u touch it , IT'S YOURS!!
    Like the new name! And I no longer have to wonder what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Like the new name! And I no longer have to wonder what it means.
    hey he DID change his name! man, everybody is changin' their names around here. pretty soon we won't know who each of us be...maybe i will change my name to 'graham'
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

r 123 is nasty stuff dont play with it it can cause some issues

R123 is not any more dangerous to human health than any other refrigerant...yeah i read the reports....3rd nut and all in rats...read the WHOLE report. the rats were subjected to 32,000 ppm for 4 hours per day. the recommendation is less than 30 ppm for 8 hours per day. the rats that lived developed a bunch of crap at the end of their life yet they lived longer...just like people who live longer...they tend to develop more health problems too.

the same thing happened to rats that were exposed to R134a at 50,000 ppm...tumors, lived longer, etc.

and R11 was tested to the same effects at 26,200 ppm yet nobody complains about it.

what is more likely to happen? over-exposure to a low pressure refrigerant or a high pressure refrigerant?

done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast