Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ground short ?

National oil well narco I'm assuming.

Understood about specific I work out of Beaumont.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Quote Originally Posted by AddMore22 View Post
    ZP83KCE-TFE7M7

Model number to Copland.

I agree with that .... We are always looking for good people.
    To go offshore on a regular basis would take some incentive. The natural gas rigs are always out in the middle of BFE.

We have a 4 wheel drive all terain service truck especially for those special little trips.

Iol. We service a bunch of natural gas rigs in east Texas.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

was the cover on the contactors across the line and or part winding start 560V big arck on closure...the contact flash will short out the windings on start...or maybe a LP ambient time delay jump over the LP so the unit could actually run in a vac
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    was the cover on the contactors across the line and or part winding start 560V big arck on closure...the contact flash will short out the windings on start...or maybe a LP ambient time delay jump over the LP so the unit could actually run in a vac
    No cover on contact. And I was standing right there and saw no ark.

I'll arc. Stupid iPhone

Come to find out, it's not good to pump a scroll down below 20-30 psi.... And who knows what those yahoos did before I got here .... So with the combined problems I think the quote " **** happens" fits in good...
    Where did you read or who told you that?

You know, I've heard you shouldn't pump down Copeland scroll compressors and, in fact, I've read it here in a few threads. So, after that, I did some research and found an application guideline document that showed Copeland does not specifically say you can't pump them down because you might fry the windings. Copeland recommends they not be used in a pump down application because the discharge check valve doesn't hold like reed valves do in a hermetic or semi-hermetic compressor and that this can lead to the compressor short-cycling on the low pressure control, which is a bad thing. Copeland recommends installing an external check valve if they are to be used in a pump down application but, like I said, I didn't find anything specifically saying it's a bad thing to pump down a Copeland scroll compressor.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Quote Originally Posted by SandShark View Post
    Where did you read or who told you that?

You know, I've heard you shouldn't pump down Copeland scroll compressors and, in fact, I've read it here in a few threads. So, after that, I did some research and found an application guideline document that showed Copeland does not specifically say you can't pump them down because you might fry the windings. Copeland recommends they not be used in a pump down application because the discharge check valve doesn't hold like reed valves do in a hermetic or semi-hermetic compressor and that this can lead to the compressor short-cycling on the low pressure control, which is a bad thing. Copeland recommends installing an external check valve if they are to be used in a pump down application but, like I said, I didn't find anything specifically saying it's a bad thing to pump down a Copeland scroll compressor.
    Scroll comp pump out the oil fast hence leaving comp with no oil. If done numerous times one would assume comp would burn out

Scroll comp pump out the oil fast hence leaving comp with no oil. If done numerous times one would assume comp would burn out
    Well, like I said, I couldn't find anything in writing from Copeland. Besides, Copeland scrolls are used in refrigeration in pump down applications all the time.

By the way, we did a lot of work for Edison Chouest Offshore out of Galliano, Louisiana.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

That's wear I flew out of

An old man told me about the scroll thing.

National oil well narco I'm assuming.

Understood about specific I work out of Beaumont.
    Yea. I honestly dont mind it. A couple of the guys wont go because the big meanie tool pushers and roughnecks intimidate them. Thats my theory any way.

I fit right in and the money is good.

Hahaha.

I found out that if you just act like your running the show and they need you ... Then there attitude changes.

I fit in pretty good ... ( plus I like saying " hey hand, bring that tool bag over here")

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    Part winding on a 5 ton compressor ??? Nah...

Also comp and unit too small for cold start delay.

Its the old " sh** happens " scenario.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast