Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shows normal operation on the board. I'll try to disable the economiser. I just don't see why it works all day and not at night. I take that back I did check the board on the economiser and it showed co2 sensor but not the last time. Where would that sensor be at?

It is a walgreens.

Heres a guess. There is an occupied switch, relay, out something to that effect that when energized cuts the blower out. This cause low pressure and or freeze stat. Maybe a timer something that breaks "g" or maybe the blower contractor since it it's a a trane unit and don't want to use normal terminal designations
    Sent from my amazing 4G device

check superheat and subcool. only pressure not good enough

fixed

Another tech went out this morning and eventually found that the condensor fan motor was pulling to many amps. He found the compacitor to be bad. I guess we will find out in the am if that was all it was. Thanks for all of the feed back guys.

Huh .... Odd that it would lock out at night due to high amp draw on cond fan.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

I thought the same thing. We will find out tomorrow. I have feeling I'll be back out there.

Is this a Trane Voyager with the UCP? If yes, have you taken the outdoor air sensor and discharge air sensors and checked their ohm readings? Also have you taken the outdoor sensor loose, pulled the tstat wires from the TB, hook the sensor to terminals one and two (NOT Test 1 & 2) and put the sensor into the return to test the unit for a while to verify operation ( I carry an extra thermistor just for this purpose)? In this mode it will maintain (if I remember correctly) 68F heat and 74F cooling until the cows come home. No intermittent fan, no freeze stat, and no economizer (can get you by if a bad tstat is found until you can get a replacement). Also if a Zone Sensor Module is being used have you done a factory "Reboot" of the Zone sensor module, if one is being used to see it it is having a brain fart? It will also show a "Pass/Fail" of its start-up.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird225 View Post
    It is a walgreens.
    we service all the walgreens a/c and refrigeration equip. down in miami,fl. i had ancident like yours but not with the cond. fan motor. trane rtu would run fine in the day then they call back in the am its hot again after about the 2nd time i went out early morning i seen the intallation company installs an inline float switch on the drain, then on the drain pan they clip this probe type overflow sensor on the pan i seen it had moisture on it so wiped it with a rag and bam the unit kicked on. i removed it and never called back again. on fan on at night the coil will get colder with the water swirling in the pan it will hit the sensor........

here in south florida a company is changing all the rtu's out for walgreens from carriers to tranes if its a new trane check that out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12