Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tracer Summit

My company has multiple facilities and they just installed the Tracer Summit version 17. Now they do not have the tutorials or and web based training cd's what so ever. Now they want me to take control of this project and software to save the company money on energy cost. I am not expierenced in this software or any BAS. They just dropped it on my lap. Please help me in figuring out where to begin, where to find the "how to use or operate" and HOW TO CONVIENCE MY COMPANY TO SEND ME TO THE TRAINING SEMINARS IN ST PAUL.

Help!

I have been told there is some real good documentation/tutorials etc as part of the the workstation.

Just look through the Tracer Summit files on the workstation.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by energydobashi View Post
    My company has multiple facilities and they just installed the Tracer Summit version 17. Now they do not have the tutorials or and web based training cd's what so ever. Now they want me to take control of this project and software to save the company money on energy cost. I am not expierenced in this software or any BAS. They just dropped it on my lap. Please help me in figuring out where to begin, where to find the "how to use or operate" and HOW TO CONVIENCE MY COMPANY TO SEND ME TO THE TRAINING SEMINARS IN ST PAUL.

Help!
    You'd get more help if you started your own thread. Also, where are you located?

To the OP, I'm not a fan of setting min setpoints to 0 because most of the time OA is introduced to the space through the air mover and if the VAV min is set to 0 then that zone won't get any fresh air. Do that with one box, maybe it's no problem, do that with the entire floor and no one is going to get any work done because they'll be snoring.

Also, there is no referencer available for min setpoints so I don't know how you would/could write a program to change the setpoint. Maybe it's possible and I just don't know how.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

duly noted mate

Quote Originally Posted by energydobashi View Post

Help!
    you say this is a new install? where is the asbuilts, the sequence of operations?

those are the first questions i would ask. Than find out who installed it and ask for manuals for the system. If they cant help, go to the Trane Rep and ask them. Tell them so and so installed this and didn't leave anything behind.

And if all that fails,do what most of us do, sit in front of the computer and figure it out.

you guys ROCK!....thanks a million ..best site ever

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    You'd get more help if you started your own thread. Also, where are you located?

To the OP, I'm not a fan of setting min setpoints to 0 because most of the time OA is introduced to the space through the air mover and if the VAV min is set to 0 then that zone won't get any fresh air. Do that with one box, maybe it's no problem, do that with the entire floor and no one is going to get any work done because they'll be snoring.

Also, there is no referencer available for min setpoints so I don't know how you would/could write a program to change the setpoint. Maybe it's possible and I just don't know how.
    I would not recommend setting min setpoints to 0 either but to do programing that changes the heating cfm setpoint to 0 when no hot water is available will keep the space from over cooling. You still get OA air when vav is at deadband and min cfm setpoint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12