Thief caused no a/c call

Got a call last nite the this stores three RTUs were not cooling. Go up on the roof this am and find them frozen up like blocks of ice. Come to find out someone stole the main electrical cable over the weekend. Electricians never checked their phasing so the fans were running backwards. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339101613.295830.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  40.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339101639.110236.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  42.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339101661.210044.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  40.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339101686.690286.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  49.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339101713.463262.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  47.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Good thing for the customer they weren't scrolls

Look how shiny and new the compressor looks at the end....looks like you found the wash cycle of that unit.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

I can't get over all the theft of equipment in the USA. Makes for alot of work I geuss.

Meth addicts primarily are the ones who stoop to this level and ruin $10,000 worth of equipment for $50 dollars in copper and aluminum. I think building stylish Condensor protective coverings will be the next big niche market. Because it really aint getting no better out there on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    Meth addicts primarily are the ones who stoop to this level and ruin $10,000 worth of equipment for $50 dollars in copper and aluminum. I think building stylish Condensor protective coverings will be the next big niche market. Because it really aint getting no better out there on the streets.
    I would be all over that if we had a Big problem like that hear. Where would you say that METH is the biggest problem in the states? I know philly has the only open air drug market in the US. I never see any of the philly guys posting thefts seems to be mostly the southern states.

I would put something toghther with all the theft pics with costs os fixing and replasing the units. I think people would Go for it if they knew it was such a big problem in thier city. I of course would design them to be Tech friendly ( Welds 2" metal over all access panels)

cant scrap any hvac parts around here without a contractors license or a letter from the boss with license number. evern with that they will send you a check not pay you while on site.

Scrolls sound nardly when the phasing Is wrong, Thank god your customer had pots.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SikLBZ View Post
    Scrolls sound nardly when the phasing Is wrong, Thank god your customer had pots.
    First time I hooked 460V 3ph scroll unit up backwards it sounded like a train derailment. Scared the doo doo out of me.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Yeah Its a sound that stands out of the normal lol

An Electrician changed out a 3 phase breaker for a RTU on a building that I service, He didn't check his phasing and when I went out to perform the maintenance on the unit I noticed the Indoor motor spinning backwards. First thing I did was check the scroll comp and It was already too late toasted the comp.
    Must have sounded horrible till It finally locked up.