My manager took a few days off this week due to a death in the family. Well anyway, my co-workers takes it upon himself to start delegating various tasks around the office. First of all I have to play catch-up from the weekend with e-mails phone calls. He comes up to me when I first walk in this morning and just goes in a tyrant, saying you have to do this and you have to do that. I snapped back at him and told him. First of all when I see your name on my Paycheck then you could tell me what to do, until that happens, shut the "F" up. i also told him if something needs to be done, you could ask me. Don't start snapping out orders.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Do as I say, not as I do

when they interviewed you for the job, did they ask you:
    "are you a team player"?

Originally posted by tonys
    when they interviewed you for the job, did they ask you:
    "are you a team player"?

Oh I am A team player. I am just a little prejudice when someone comes in and takes upon themselves to start passing out orders. Then walkes around the office trying to micro-manage everybody.
    Do as I say, not as I do

Next time, after he is done screamin, look at and say..did you say something?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

might get Deleted

I just figured he needs to feed his donkey some hay
    Do as I say, not as I do

Originally posted by tech_support007
    My manager took a few days off this week due to a death in the family. Well anyway, my co-workers takes it upon himself to start delegating various tasks around the office. First of all I have to play catch-up from the weekend with e-mails phone calls. He comes up to me when I first walk in this morning and just goes in a tyrant, saying you have to do this and you have to do that. I snapped back at him and told him. First of all when I see your name on my Paycheck then you could tell me what to do, until that happens, shut the "F" up. i also told him if something needs to be done, you could ask me. Don't start snapping out orders.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Tell him that you want to take turns being the A-hole and tomorrow was going to be tough for him.

If you have a large knife it would also help to be opening and closing it while you are saying this.

you need to put on a pyscotic mad dog look in your eyes and freak him out a little

anyway next time you talk to him ask him if he's feeling better being his second day on the rag. suggest if he needs to lie down for a while you will take the helm
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

when he starts yelling just start laughing. that always pisses them off.