Need help selecting furnace and ac. I am debating between 2 contractors with 2 different brands. After rebates, both cost about the same. Since this is a big investment for me, I want to choose the units that are less prone to repairs and problems. I have read the york vs. lennox posts, but still cannot make a decision. The following is what I am deciding between:

1 - Lennox Elite Air Conditioner XC13030 14 SEER 2-1/2 tons and a Lennox 2 stage variable speed furnace G60UHV-36A-070 AFUE: 80% with an Aprilaire humidifier.

2 - York 2 stage Affinity AC CZE036 15 SEER 3 tons and a York 2 stage variable speed furnace PV812N080UH AFUE: 80% with an Honeywell Media Filter and Honeywell Bypass Humidifier.

Which of these is better quality, have better track records with regards to repairs, and parts and labor are reasonable?

Thanks for any advice.

Both are excellent units. You aren't comparing like products though, with the deluxe Lennox 13 SEER single stage to the top of the line 2 stage Yorkie. The Affinity being quoted is competition to the XC16 Lennox with the same technology. So given similar prices and hoping both dealers are equal, you are getting much more for the buck with the York system.

One other question, would it be worth considering a heat pump outside which we call hybrid heat or dual fuel? In many areas of the country, that is very cheap heat.

Thanks for your reply.

I live in NJ, and by most of the posts that I have read about heat pumps, they are not efficient in this area.

Does anyone know about repair records, costs, warranties on the two companies?

[Edited by margo6872 on 07-17-2006 at 04:24 PM]