Liebert Deluxe 3 isuues

I posted this on the Pro area and thought to also try here.

I have a water cooled air handler with the old style of display. Nothing lights up on the display except the SET light which doesn't turn off. The unit runs but we had to disassemble the chill water valve to get it to cool. Both boards were changed and so was the panel. Could the unit be stuck in test mode?

the unit is an '83 model.

Also on the same type unit, the CWV is not opening on a couple units. I have AC voltage to the motor but no signal voltage. I replaced the temp sensor and still nothing. Where can I look further?

Those are ancient units. Practically antiques. The last one I worked on needed a control upgrade because Liebert reps dont support them any more.

If youve lost your output and have reset the board mounted circuit breakers then that main board is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    Those are ancient units. Practically antiques. The last one I worked on needed a control upgrade because Liebert reps dont support them any more.

If youve lost your output and have reset the board mounted circuit breakers then that main board is toast.
    Yes they are ancient. I think you're right, the board is done.

thanks.

Those older boards have a 3 or 5 volt battery sodered onto the board. That keeps the eprom powered at all times. If that battery dies and power to the unit is shut off it kills the board. There is no fix but to replace the board.
    I have done so much with so little for so long, that now I can do almost anything with nothing at all.