Confused

It's been a while since I've posted, but I need some help. I've not been in the business long, and I've obviously not "done it all". Here's the deal: I'm in the SW Missouri/NW Arkansas area where the work is "plentiful", if you like to slam things together. This is where my dilema enters. I'm 24 going on 40(feels like it some days), have numerous skills(other than hvac), and have what some like to call "odd beliefs". I'm a craftsman, plain and simple. If I don't know, I learn. If i don't understand, I ask someone who does. Service work isn't really my forte, although I'm a problem solver by nature. I undersatnd most aspects of business, as I'm in my second year of business. I'm not outrageous in pricing (usually aroud $1800/ton), but I'm certainly not willing to sacrifice my integrity by rushing a job. I take my time, pay attention to detail, and always maintain a high level of professionalism with my clients. All of the business I've gotten is by word of mouth. I have a good reputation in this area, but I really would like to get out of here. I attended ASU-Searcy, and graduated class President with honors. I can build a beautiful(if you see the beauty in such a thing)duct system, and do all my own designs. I'm a stickler for things to be just so, and usually will not settle for less than humanly perfect. I have extensive experience with start-ups and replacements, but I really want a chance to do some layout/design work, or possibly even enter into management. I enjoy finding ways to improve productivity, cut cost, and analyze overall business structures(business analyst). I often times have a fresh solution to stale problems, and I love a good challenge every once in a while. What I really want is a chance to help someone that is trying to do quality work. I feel that I am an asset anywhere I go, and would love the opportunity to use my intellect and skills to make a business prosper. I would consider other states, depending on their homeschooling laws. If I sound arrogant or cocky, then I've been totally misunderstood. I'm frustrated of trying to compete here in Little Mexico, where quality is a word most builders are not familiar with. Hopefully somebody has some insight, and with God's blessing, maybe even a job opportunity. With the year I've had so far, surely things won't get any worse. Thank you all in advance, for I know someone out there can help me. God bless.
    -Nathan Chapman

There are many openings in the St Louis region.

http://www.stltoday.com

Hit the jobs tab and enter hvac into the search and you will find what you are looking for if you find the region apealing.

Thanks for the reply. There is certainly a bunch of hiring going on in the STL area, but I really want to stay away form there if I can.

You mention several talents but what is it you want to do? Are you looking for an office job or an installer?

Try indiana, it is a pretty good market,and if you have the right crededtials there are several jobs in the engineering feild.

Originally posted by nwchapman
    Thanks for the reply. There is certainly a bunch of hiring going on in the STL area, but I really want to stay away form there if I can.
    You can just about forget Mid-Missouri then, unless you are going to run your own gig. The average median house hold income out there is less than 50k a year.