+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walk in Freezer!

Post Likes

Walk in Freezer!

Had a odd one today. 404a Walk in running warm. I arrive and go inside box. Hear the liquid line hissing like it's low on gas. grab line and it's hot. Threw my low side gauge on the evap and suction pressures 80 psi. WTF is my condensor fans out. Well, i find out one of them is, But, other 2 are running and condensors is spotless. Head is close to 400. SG is flashing!! What do you think is wrong with it? This is a coldzone rack system. Other systems on same rack are doing ok even though one fan is out.

Post Likes
    Can you pump down that system? Make sure you don't have bad valves in that compressor.

Post Likes
    If the line is hot it's not condensing, which is probably the hissing that you here, or may have some blow by..

did you try a sprinkler under the condenser until you can return w/ the motor?

what was the amb. ? 404-a dosn't do well in hot weather....

I had the same thing the other day, the condenser was a unicon with 4 other circuits on it.

lost the fan opposite the header end...working w/ sprinkler over weekend.
    Last edited by sprmktrefertech; 06-06-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Likes
    It's running 400 head. I don't think bad valves are gonna give you 400 head. I actually got the unit running right in a couple minutes. This is just for fun!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sprmktrefertech View Post
    If the line is hot it's not condensing, which is probably the hissing that you here.

did you try a sprinkler under the condenser until you can return w/ the motor?

what was the amb. ? 404-a dosn't do well in hot weather....

I had the same thing the other day, the condenser was a unicon with 4 other circuits on it.

lost the fan opposite the header end...working w/ sprinkler over weekend.
    Outdoor ambient was 93°

Post Likes
    does it have a head pressure control vale stuck in bypass.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johndief View Post
    does it have a head pressure control vale stuck in bypass.
    Yeah, it did. I cut the tit off the powerhead and high side fell to 280 and glass cleared right up. Gonna install a new one later in the week.

Post Likes
    Well, that shot MY idea in the butt...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Yeah, it did. I cut the tit off the powerhead and high side fell to 280 and glass cleared right up. Gonna install a new one later in the week.
    I haven't dealt much with these. Is this an acceptable way to bypass the valve temporarily? No chance of leaks?
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!

Health = Wealth! To wager otherwise is a Fools Bargain

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nchvac View Post
    I haven't dealt much with these. Is this an acceptable way to bypass the valve temporarily? No chance of leaks?
    It'll leak sometimes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    It'll leak sometimes.
    Your absolutely right!!! I woke up this morning. Read your post and five minutes later Boss calls and said i got to go back to the walk-in first. Because, it's down again! I get there and the first thing i do is grab the soap bubbles out of my van and head to the roof. Sure thing it's leaking right where i snipped. Closed up the hole with my dykes recharged it and headed off to get the valve. Im changing it tomorrow morning! First thing!!! I can't see how the 404 is making it's way into the powerhead unless there is some kind of seal failure. That maybe caused the valve to stick open in the first place?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in