Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebay

Hybrid View

ebay

Anybody buy tools off eBay? Did u get your tool in good working order?

All the time,Never had a problem.

Same here. Power tools, hand tools, precision measurement tools. Never a problem.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Cool, I just found some great deals I think I'm gonna go for it.

All of the time!!! Just won an auction for a Cooper SRH77A for 125 bucks. The thing looks brand new.

Last thing I bought off of E-Bay was a set of heads for the engine in my pick-up.

There are good deals to be found there, but just be careful, and always check the sellers rating.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Not an item that would be used for HVAC work but I bought a Fluke Scopemeter that had several lines in the display that changed every time I turned it ON. Seller claimed that USPS damaged it, filed a claim, USPS claimed no damage to the shipping box or they didn't do it, guy strted to get nasty when I asked for a refund, started a dispute on eBay, had to get it evaluated at a repair shop, I finally won and got my refund.

I then got a real nasty email from the seller with all kinds of name calling to me and the shop that tested it.
    Bill

I won a sarrett dail indcator for 65.New cost 250

I've yet to have a bad ebay experience & have gotten quite a few hvac related items brand new for much cheaper than the supply house or "more popular" online stores

Ive bought many tools off of ebay. From nutdrivers to vacuum pumps. I always buy new in box and have had no problems. Just watch the shipping costs sometimes youll end up paying more than if you just went to supply house. Also check their feedback before committing.

What makes me wonder is when it seems very cheap. For example fluke 87 for $100.00 . It's almost with the gamble to save 400 bucks. I have seen several items like this though. It is used but. I guess you just don't know unless you try. Sellers have 99% positive feedback so. Has anybody had a problem and then not been able to get there money back.

The only problem I've had with buying tools of off eBay is waiting for what I got

I can get face to face with my supplier ...I can;t on EBAY.

And what's all this noise about great deals on EBAY????

All my suppliers will match or better a price from on line....just give 'em the printed ad off the net.

No risk and full warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast