Confused york yt r123 repairs

machine shutting down on evap pressure transducer, also ecxessive purge, noticed oil on compressor equalizing line solenoid valve and 3/4 threads below valve. My boss wants me to change these parts on the fly. This machine already has alot of air in it. Should 600lbs of 123 be recovered, also is there a portable purge to remove air since the purge only runs with compressor.

yes there are portable purges available for purchase to remove the air while it is off line. We have some old purges from Trane chillers that we use. I think you can buy them at redi-controls. How do you know that is the leak and or only leak?

york yt

not sure if it is only leak, it is the only leak I have found. Would it be best to recover 600lbs and leak test with 10 psi of nitrogen, their is another chiller running and this one has had leaks on and off for years. I can not find a way of running the purge on a york without the compressor running like on a trane

first of all if you have a yt with a leak issue i would put a redi purge on it so you can get the air out prior to running it. oil purges need the chiller on to work. have you ever heated any machine up to zero and perfomed repairs?

Do it right the first time

I would heat up the machine and leak check the entire machine to see where the real leaks are at, as a bare minimum. If the customer will let you pull the gas out even better! That way you can weigh the charge and bump it up with nitro like you said, gas will already be out for what ever leaks you may find. Why is the chiller going off on low evap, may be short. Good reason to weigh the charge. Cover your ass!

York purges suck, talk customer into letting you replace purge with Trane Purifier. Much more efficeint and like mentioned above can run with chiller off line. Keeps perminent track of purge activity. Sell it.

York purge

York purges suck, talk customer into letting you replace purge with Trane Purifier.

Here's an idea:

If the purge works correctly, fix the leaks on the chiller
    and leave the purge alone.

End up saving the customer some money.

York purges don't suck, york use gaskets not o'rings or flat face like trane's new gear.

If your purge is doing work you have a leak.
    I

Quote Originally Posted by tacxc View Post
    York purges suck, talk customer into letting you replace purge with Trane Purifier. Much more efficeint and like mentioned above can run with chiller off line. Keeps perminent track of purge activity. Sell it.

Efficient why, you just rebuild and chiller not tight???