Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I would rather have a Bible study hour in public schools, than to have teachers talking about the gay think and how its ok for Billy to have two daddies or mommies.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I would rather have a Bible study hour in public schools, than to have teachers talking about the gay think and how its ok for Billy to have two daddies or mommies.
    Amen to that Brother Cool. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Or some of the other "studies" that our educators think is necessary for children to be socially indoctrinated these days.

Ok, I do understand why teacher-led Bible study could be a problem. Especially for children and parents of other faiths or no faiths. But I really don't get the hostility to religion that we've seen. Whether you believe in a Christian God or not, the message is one of peace and love, and it's beneficial to our society.

Yes, it is technically OK to pray in schools. But the reality of it is not clear. There have been many cases where a teacher or coach has prayed, and that has resulted in legal action or threats of legal action. Their complaint is that the a government employee praying is an establishment of religion by the state. How ridiculous!

There have even been cases where student-led prayer at football games or other events have brought threats from legal groups. Their claim is that because the prayer was scheduled or done over the PA system, it also constituted establishment. Again, how crazy!!

Many school systems have all but shut down prayed simply because they fear lawsuits by groups such as ACLU and AU, and the costs that come from defending themselves.
    IMO, keeping these individuals from praying, whether by legal action or threats of legal action; is a violation of their constitutional right of free exercise. That's the part of the 1st Amendment that seems to get left out; Free Exercise.

The whole issue has become bass acwards! The intent of the 1st Amendment was to keep government from sticking their nose into religion (think Church of England), not the other way around.

In well over 200 years as a country, we have not become a theocracy, and our constitution will continue to guard against that. We don't need the AU and ACLU to protect us from religion, they do far more harm than good.

Here is an email update from the American Family Association:

What is AFA doing about it? Tim Wildmon gives you an update

June 8, 2012

Dear Glenn,Here are important issues that American Family Association sent action alerts about in recent weeks:
    - On May 17, AFA hand-delivered 254,976 petition signatures to Home Depot chairman Frank Blake during the company's annual shareholder meeting. To date, over 700,000 people have pledged to boycott the company.
    - Exposed Target's decision to donate $120,000 in cash to promote the legalization of homosexual marriage. Target's website says it will donate 100% of T-shirt sales from customers during the month of June to Family Equality Council.
    - Last week, JC Penney released its second ad promoting gay marriage in as many months. AFA is supporting a Father's Day shopping boycott of the company in response.
    In addition:

Just giving you all a heads up on what's going on with HD, Target and JC Penney. HD has now stopped openingly supporting gay pride parades and events but are still giving large donations to the gay organizations. So the AFA is still on there case. But that is some progress anyhow. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Word on the street is that Willis Carrier was actually a giant flamer. I guess we all need to go find a new profession now.

Quote Originally Posted by brewidus View Post
    Word on the street is that Willis Carrier was actually a giant flamer. I guess we all need to go find a new profession now.
    What you and all liberal apologist miss is it is the homosexual agenda that is the problem. The concerted effort by a few (in numbers) morally corrupt segment trying to force the rest of us to accept and embrace their perversions.

For the most part, we do not care what consenting adults do in private, what is repugnant is their agenda to indoctrinate our children and grand children in their perverse lifestyle. Children have enough trouble sorting out life in their pubescent and pre-pubescent years without the media and the entertainment industry leading them down a path of perversion.

It seems like not a day or week goes by that their is a story or interview with some celebrity about how miserable their life was until they came out. It is asinine to believe that a three or four year old child even one of six or eight knew they were gay. I was pretty advanced for my age I think and I did not start noticing or thinking about girls until I was ten.

The human psyche just does not function on a sexual basis so early in life, now a parent can delude a child into thinking they want to be a boy instead of a girl or a girl instead of a boy as a pre teen but I seriously doubt a child in anyway reasons on that level.

What I object too and I assume Glenn and others object too is stores like Penny's, Home depot and Target promoting and championing a lifestyle that is not the norm; the same as we would if thy were promoting irresponsible drinking or drug use.

See , heres the thing about the left.

They force feed their agenda to everyone, calling anyone who doesnt agree with them Fascists or labeling them in some other way, then they accuse the right of doing the same thing.

When schools speak about the bible and have tests regarding it because they HAVE to by law.
    When real freedom of speech is again allowed.

When im not called names for believing something that doesnt hurt anyone.

When the left stops with the vile lies and distortions of truth in the bible and stops attacking christians .

Maybe, just maybe , i will be able to look at them without contempt.

Teach your children to think , not to go along with what out liberal controlled schools teach them.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

The right is the same as the left when it comes to attacking their opposition and name calling.... that is the human being in us....not the political party we are associated with.

I removed a couple of paragraphs about the zimmerman trial. I thought for a moment this was the zimmerman thread.

It's not right or left. Why is it always right and left? Why can't it be strait down the road? Or in the middle of the road. I imediatly turn off from both "sides" when they start talking like that.

Teach your child to think and not follow blindly, and give the the moral fortitude to stand for what they believe.

As for me, I believe God sent his son to die for us, so we can be forgiven. I will pass that on to my kids and trust them to do the same.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Because when one disagrees with the right for the most part we walk away wondering why you dont get it.

When you disagree with the left you are regarded as human garbage , kinda like abortion. oh wait they arent people yet.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Gays have some disposable income..... I believe that marketers believe that most gays are young affluent professionals ready to spend some of that cash on their products.....

Business is going to target select groups in order to get their part of that groups money.

Home Depot probably doesnt support the gay agenda.....but they target gays because of all of the cable tv shows on home improvement and design that get these flamers interested in doing home improvement projects.

Watch hgtv tonight....you will probably see 50 percent homos on their swishing about painting, butchering simple little projects....flitting around talking about colors and patterns.... and these shows are sponsored by people like HD, Lowes, etc......

Business supporting gays is capitalism at its finest...... targetting a specific group to get their business.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Gays have some disposable income..... I believe that marketers believe that most gays are young affluent professionals ready to spend some of that cash on their products.....

Business is going to target select groups in order to get their part of that groups money.

Home Depot probably doesnt support the gay agenda.....but they target gays because of all of the cable tv shows on home improvement and design that get these flamers interested in doing home improvement projects.

Watch hgtv tonight....you will probably see 50 percent homos on their swishing about painting, butchering simple little projects....flitting around talking about colors and patterns.... and these shows are sponsored by people like HD, Lowes, etc......

Business supporting gays is capitalism at its finest...... targetting a specific group to get their business.
    I absolutely agree. Any business is being neglegent if it does not target potential customers, as long as targeting one type of customer is not going to diminish their support by other customer target groups.

As an example, I can use Abercrombie & Fitch for a personal example. I used to buy my more formal and conservative cloting from A&F. Over the past two decades, A&F decided to market heavily to a more youthful market. I don't shop there any longer because the youth market is evidently more profitable to A&F then my market is. The same will determine whether those who are going after homosexual dollars do better off with that target or not.

My guess is that while most of the market will not be homosexuals, that targeting homosexuals will just not make any difference to enough consumers who are not homosexual for them not to continue to shop at stores catering to homosexuals.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I would agree as well, and I have no problem with target marketing. It is the same with advertising Cabela's during Nascar events. Smart business why waste money advertising a Toyota Prius during a truck and tractor pull.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast