Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 61

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,636

    Gay agenda being promoted by several retail companies

    Home Depot, Target, Penny's and AARP are all spending money promoting the gay agenda. For instance check out this email from the American Family Ass. http://www.afa.net/

    J.C. Penney promotes "gay marriage" with Father's Day ad

    Dear Glenn,

    From its website the company states, "J.C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP) is re-imagining every aspect of its business in order to reclaim its birthright and become America's favorite store." It is well established that James Cash Penney, the founder of the J.C. Penney Company (JCP), was a Christian who lived his life and ran his business by the principles of God's Word. Sadly, the re-imagining of the present-day J.C. Penney Company indicates a departure from biblical moorings and Mr. Penney's leadership by taking sides in the cultural war in celebration of homosexuality.

    In JCP's June catalog, a pro-homosexual ad shows two men on the floor playing and hugging their two children at home. It reads, "First Pals - What makes Dad so cool? He's the swim coach, tent maker, best friend, bike fixer and hug giver - all rolled into one. Or two. Real-life dads Todd Koch and Cooper Smith with their children Claire and Mason.

    http://calendar.jcpenney.com/june/#!book/thebook/16
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    19
    Don't buy from them, It's a free country. I don't buy from any of them .
    Last edited by Gcanno; 06-06-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: clarify

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcanno View Post
    Don't buy from them, It's a free country. I don't buy from any of them .
    My thoughts precisely. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108
    The bible also says:
    • Don't eat shellfish
    • Don't eat pork
    • Don't wear garments of mixed materials
    • Don't cut your hair
    • No tattoos
    • No work on the sabbath (No matter if you believe it's Saturday or Sunday)
    • Women cannot speak in church
    • No sex before marriage
    Clearly, god wasn't referring to you, and you can just continue to ignore all of the rest of that metaphorical stuff in the bible. That's why they call it the living word, right? Because the meaning changes all the time? Where is the call to outlaw bacon and crab cakes? What a coincedence that god hates the same people you do, Glenn!
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,992
    Does someone have to hate gay people because they think gay is wrong?

    I dont hate gay people, I just think that life style is vile and disgusting, against natural laws, and that no good can come from it.

    I believe it is a genetic mutation.

    Thats all...no hate involved.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The bible also says:
    • Don't eat shellfish
    • Don't eat pork
    • Don't wear garments of mixed materials
    • Don't cut your hair
    • No tattoos
    • No work on the sabbath (No matter if you believe it's Saturday or Sunday)
    • Women cannot speak in church
    • No sex before marriage

    Clearly, god wasn't referring to you, and you can just continue to ignore all of the rest of that metaphorical stuff in the bible. That's why they call it the living word, right? Because the meaning changes all the time? Where is the call to outlaw bacon and crab cakes? What a coincedence that god hates the same people you do, Glenn!
    This is what happens when you take parts of the Bible out of context for the purpose of supporting a certain agenda.

    The dietary laws above were intended only for the Israelites, no one else. Besides, the New Covenant of Grace (Jesus's Laws) superseded that.

    Same with the hair cutting thing.

    The Bible does not forbid women from speaking in church. The language is to warn them from taking authority where it is not granted. This gets a little complicated, but once again you repeated propaganda out of context.

    You may be right about tattoos. The Bible tells followers not to deface their bodies.

    Correct on no sex before marriage

    God does not hate homosexuals. He hates the sin, not the sinner. We are all sinners, every single one of us.

    You should really have a better understanding of the Bible if you're going to try and use it in this manner.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,945
    While boycotts are known to not work because the boycotted business's get more business from those who agree with the business policies that makes up for the business lost from those who boycott, I avoid doing business with companies that promote lifestyles I don't agree with. That's the American way.

    Then again, I stopped renting movies from Blockbuster because they would not stop putting homosexually themed movies throughout general sections and look what happened to Blockbuster....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,859
    Gays have some disposable income..... I believe that marketers believe that most gays are young affluent professionals ready to spend some of that cash on their products.....

    Business is going to target select groups in order to get their part of that groups money.

    Home Depot probably doesnt support the gay agenda.....but they target gays because of all of the cable tv shows on home improvement and design that get these flamers interested in doing home improvement projects.

    Watch hgtv tonight....you will probably see 50 percent homos on their swishing about painting, butchering simple little projects....flitting around talking about colors and patterns.... and these shows are sponsored by people like HD, Lowes, etc......

    Business supporting gays is capitalism at its finest...... targetting a specific group to get their business.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,945
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Gays have some disposable income..... I believe that marketers believe that most gays are young affluent professionals ready to spend some of that cash on their products.....

    Business is going to target select groups in order to get their part of that groups money.

    Home Depot probably doesnt support the gay agenda.....but they target gays because of all of the cable tv shows on home improvement and design that get these flamers interested in doing home improvement projects.

    Watch hgtv tonight....you will probably see 50 percent homos on their swishing about painting, butchering simple little projects....flitting around talking about colors and patterns.... and these shows are sponsored by people like HD, Lowes, etc......

    Business supporting gays is capitalism at its finest...... targetting a specific group to get their business.
    I absolutely agree. Any business is being neglegent if it does not target potential customers, as long as targeting one type of customer is not going to diminish their support by other customer target groups.

    As an example, I can use Abercrombie & Fitch for a personal example. I used to buy my more formal and conservative cloting from A&F. Over the past two decades, A&F decided to market heavily to a more youthful market. I don't shop there any longer because the youth market is evidently more profitable to A&F then my market is. The same will determine whether those who are going after homosexual dollars do better off with that target or not.

    My guess is that while most of the market will not be homosexuals, that targeting homosexuals will just not make any difference to enough consumers who are not homosexual for them not to continue to shop at stores catering to homosexuals.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,350
    I would agree as well, and I have no problem with target marketing. It is the same with advertising Cabela's during Nascar events. Smart business why waste money advertising a Toyota Prius during a truck and tractor pull.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I absolutely agree. Any business is being neglegent if it does not target potential customers, as long as targeting one type of customer is not going to diminish their support by other customer target groups.

    As an example, I can use Abercrombie & Fitch for a personal example. I used to buy my more formal and conservative cloting from A&F. Over the past two decades, A&F decided to market heavily to a more youthful market. I don't shop there any longer because the youth market is evidently more profitable to A&F then my market is. The same will determine whether those who are going after homosexual dollars do better off with that target or not.

    My guess is that while most of the market will not be homosexuals, that targeting homosexuals will just not make any difference to enough consumers who are not homosexual for them not to continue to shop at stores catering to homosexuals.
    Well robo of course what you say about the companies' reasoning is correct,even though I disagree with their conclusion. However in principle I don't spend my money at a store which will use part of the profits of that sell not just for the benefit the shareholders and employees but to give to gay organizations to promote a agenda which I am opposed to. It's not like there are not dozens of other retail stores to shop at which carry similar products at similar prices.

    You know like Lowe's, Sears, Kmart, etc., etc. Also if enough folks feel the same way then they will have less and less money to give to the gay agenda. Home Depot while still giving money for the gay cause has stopped the open support of gay parades and events. Maybe they will get the big message and reevaluate their pro gay anti family agenda. I think we are in agreement here. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,554
    Gays have money and like nice things , lesbians have cats and from what ive seen of my customers live in filth.
    Gay men , have great taste and are easy to get along with, lesbians have pp envy imo.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,945
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well robo of course what you say about the companies' reasoning is correct,even though I disagree with their conclusion. However in principle I don't spend my money at a store which will use part of the profits of that sell not just for the benefit the shareholders and employees but to give to gay organizations to promote a agenda which I am opposed to. It's not like there are not dozens of other retail stores to shop at which carry similar products at similar prices.

    You know like Lowe's, Sears, Kmart, etc., etc. Also if enough folks feel the same way then they will have less and less money to give to the gay agenda. Home Depot while still giving money for the gay cause has stopped the open support of gay parades and events. Maybe they will get the big message and reevaluate their pro gay anti family agenda. I think we are in agreement here. Thank you, thank you very much
    We are stating the same thing.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event