Where Is My Big Gulp?
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Where Is My Big Gulp?

I’m sure you’ve heard Hsonerdamaor Mr. Bloomberg of NYC is moving to ban large soft drinks to attempt to control our obesity. This comes after controlling transfats in fast food and smoking in public. I understand no smoking in public as the person next to you can’t just stop breathing while you exercise some Constitutional right you claim to have but the other stuff? So where else can DA Maor go with this? To become the east coast San Francisco why not do the following also.

Ban all manner of treats, Twinkies, HoHo’s etc.
    As people with hyper activity problems have 2-4 times the number of traffic accidents, they can’t drive.
    No more mobile use of any communications device. (I might not have a problem with this one)
    As alcohol is a public health problem no more 6 packs, just one beer at a time and whiskey only in those little bottles alcoholics like.
    As people carry unwanted genes in their DNA no more breeding uncontrolled.
    Only take recreational drugs approved by the FDA.
    Any activity that could or might affect public health financially is illegal.

Also illegal is anyone quoting Larry Flint’s belief “The right to be left alone”
    Tracers work both ways.

Really...If we're gonna get serious about this shiite, let's go all out. Libs make no sense at all. Like a tick on your crotch just nibbling away at your rights, hoping soon you'll say uncle. Or Mommy Obama.......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

This is a good example of how government "gradualism" works. First government provides you with health care. Then they reason that if they are providing your health care they need to curtain what you eat because your eating habits are running up health care costs.

One thing logically leads to another and slowly and gradually government takes over most if not all aspects of our lives. All due to the wonderful liberals who want to help you out.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Well with people being too stupid in their eating habits to the point of where half if not more of the population is obese who is going to act as the adult?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Well with people being too stupid in their eating habits to the point of where half if not more of the population is obese who is going to act as the adult?
    I think it would be easier and fairer to tax fat. $100 per pound over ideal height/weight.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

For your listening pleasure!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

I don't think people are stupid I think they have become comfortable with their condition at least to the point of not wanting to change very much.

Don't be too quick to,load this all on liberals aether. Some of them are freaking over this overreach also. Many doctors realize that they can give advice about many things but often they can't tell a patent what to eat. That is a sacred place only the person can go even if they believe the doc.
    I'm in that place where I value personal liberty enough to tell Hsonerdamayr to bite me.
    We live in an imperfect world where there are many activities affecting the public health service including both legal and illegal activities. That's the human situation. Most accept that efforts to control them will probably result in little effect. We, in NM have a state legislator trying to ban all pain killers more than 10 pills. Never mind that she isn't qualified as a health care professional.
    It's the neurotic need to control that is the true motivation behind many of these efforts. Not knowing one's boundaries.
    Tracers work both ways.

LOL!!! Prolly not smart to advertize "my old mans a fatso" for a 20 year old. Girls know these things genetically run in the family.

Oh yeah, one other thing, dad owns the house so better not to pi55 him off with rude comments.

Nice tune though....
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I don't think people are stupid I think they have become comfortable with their condition at least to the point of not wanting to change very much.

Don't be too quick to,load this all on liberals aether. Some of them are freaking over this overreach also. Many doctors realize that they can give advice about many things but often they can't tell a patent what to eat. That is a sacred place only the person can go even if they believe the doc.
    I'm in that place where I value personal liberty enough to tell Hsonerdamayr to bite me.
    We live in an imperfect world where there are many activities affecting the public health service including both legal and illegal activities. That's the human situation. Most accept that efforts to control them will probably result in little effect. We, in NM have a state legislator trying to ban all pain killers more than 10 pills. Never mind that she isn't qualified as a health care professional.
    It's the neurotic need to control that is the true motivation behind many of these efforts. Not knowing one's boundaries.
    Funny how 40 years ago a pop would be a 12 oz bottle and now for example 7-Eleven cup sizes are from 20 - 64 ounces. It has been proven that if you put an excessive amount of food or drink in front of a person they are going to consume more of it. The proof is in the pudding (or waist size) people do not know how to control themselves. Wonder if this is how Rome fell.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Boulders roll down a mountain and Im a sure a fat man will.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Do you actually believe that it is the government's responsibility to tell me how big a soda I can drink? You don't see this as yet another step in the direction of personal intrusion and loss of personal freedom?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Just something to get his face in the news......

Im going to golden corral to fix myself a 12,000 calorie salad but I will only have a glass of water or unsweet tea with it.

I will have plain black coffee with my plate of chocolate ice cream covered brownies.

It is the responsibility of the obese person to take care of themselves... if they do not, they need to be allowed to deal with the consequences of their lack of responsible choices.

It is NOT my problem if someone chooses to not take care of their health... it is THEIR problem. Creating safety nets does not fix many folks... what it does is force me to pay for your irresponsibility... which is NOT in line with the founding documents of this country... See this thread:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....1#post13360541
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast