Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

*sigh* (shakes head)

One of those jobs where you just know you have to do a bit more piping than you thought. I was there to change the compressor.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Wonder what the pressure drop is with both liquid driers in series. "Hey boss, I got the drier pointing in the right direction this time, right?"

usually when the liquid dryers start rusting out especially on the outbound side. ive found most of those dryers to be clogged. it makes sense because when the unit shuts down it will start to sweat and eventually start to rust. but not all the time. thats just my findings

That's a great photo. Classic.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

I'd be quoting a new condensing unit on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    usually when the liquid dryers start rusting out especially on the outbound side. ive found most of those dryers to be clogged. it makes sense because when the unit shuts down it will start to sweat and eventually start to rust. but not all the time. thats just my findings
    That rust is probably because the sol.valve is at the Cond. unit before the drier. On pump down it gets cold!

Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    I'd be quoting a new condensing unit on that one!
    Why? i Replaced the compressor, tomorrow ill be changing out one of the condenser fans that has failed. Other than that, it works fine.

If i quoted out every condenser that looked grungy rather than fix it, I'd be sitting at home why no one calls.

Is it my eyes or is the compressor discharge pipe out from the compressor much smaller then the coiled tubing going to the condenser.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    Why? i Replaced the compressor, tomorrow ill be changing out one of the condenser fans that has failed. Other than that, it works fine.

If i quoted out every condenser that looked grungy rather than fix it, I'd be sitting at home why no one calls.
    You're right. My first impression made me want to say replace it all, and that was a big over-reaction. It doesn't have to look pretty to work good!

Quote Originally Posted by Peztoy View Post
    Is it my eyes or is the compressor discharge pipe out from the compressor much smaller then the coiled tubing going to the condenser.
    It's your eyes, kinda.

The small tube that you see is for the HPC.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    They rust out because the tech that installed them burned the paint off with his torches.

Well at least he got the sight glass in the right place, the first time.

Good idea. Change what's broke cause its gonna tear up again. I always quote replacement with a compressor just because when the owner starts whining that he/she is putting too much money in it , you can always show the quote again and say you tried and they didn't want to.

Them other parts start adding up...ya know?!
    You're only as good as your customer will allow you to be.........If they want junk, sell them junk, but make your junk look neat!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast