+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ice stopping switch

Post Likes

ice stopping switch

Does anyone know where I can get the ice stopping switch ?
    This is a large ice box (trailer) with 2 Artic Temp Ice machine. I just wanna install 2 switches (float switch) to turn them off when the ice is full.
    I rather get the complete set than building me one with x-former, AC to DC converter, float switch, and DC relay.

Appreciate it if you can point me to the right place.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Use a remote bulb thermostat instead. When ice contacts the bulb at 32F, it opens a contact and stops ice production.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Use a remote bulb thermostat instead. When ice contacts the bulb at 32F, it opens a contact and stops ice production.
    The owner had bad experience with it. Besides, it is not too accurate. He had used it many tries. But not too impress.

Thanks though

Post Likes
    How about a photo switch? (like on garage door) They do need cleaning occasionally...

A "float" switch is not viable. Ice cubes are not water. Ice just buries the float.

Just brainstorming, but think rubber bladder attached to a pressure switch from a inducer proving application on a furnace. Ice buries the balloon, trips switch. Remove ice, pressure drops and turns on ice making?

Post Likes
    Try the eaton photoelectric sensor. Never have problem with that

Post Likes
    Manitowoc uses a magnetic switch in the water curtain. When curtain is held open by ice switch opens and stops machine. Hoshizaki uses a proximity switch. When bin is full ice moves a paddle which opens switch stopping ice machine. Just a couple of methods not involving temperature.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in