Blodgett oven calibration

Model #: DFG-100-XCEL-DOUBLE. I was wondering if somehow this oven is calibrated differently than others, and if so, what is the correct procedure. I have calibrated a variety of ovens over the years, and I dont imagine it being much different, but thats why im here, just in case it is.
    I do have what they describe as a service maunual, but its more of a use and care manual, and it doesnt include any calibration instructions.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    A lack of planning on your part does not constitute a state of emergency on my part.

You don't calibrate these ovens. If it still heats you change the temp probe, Or could be just clean the temp probe, as if they are encrusted with carbon gently clean the probe and then check oven temp with independent thermometer.

This is the oven with the solid state board, right? With the potentiometer, board and probe?

They're usually set at the factory. You can calibrate them at the board, but more often than not when things get flaky with the temps, I generally change out all three to eliminate any possibility of problems. Parts are not that expensive.

You also have to be careful - the probe may not even be the problem. Check to make sure the blower is going in the right direction and is clean. I've had many a call about erratic temps, and found someone wired in the motor wrong and it was spinning backwards, also found the blower so caked with gloop and tin foil that it prevented proper circulation. This was causing poor product, and the first thing they blame is the temp.

Sorry, but there is a lot I don't agree with about your post. There are tests for the heat board, and the potentiometer, and for the probe for that matter. If it's the potentiometer you ohm it and watch for the ohms to jump around when moved from minimum to maximum. It should change smoothly. The heat board can and does fail, and a call to tech support will give you a test for that. The same for the probe you read the temp of the oven and check resistance across probe leads. Tech support has the numbers for any temp. Blodgett support very good. If the unit was working correctly and started acting up the fan isn't where I would go. Trash in the fan can cause slow temp rise, erratic temps in oven cavity from top to bottom and side to side, and most important fan imbalance which is the biggest cause of fan motor failure. Control cabinet cooling fan failure causes failure of control components and is often overlooked, and melts the ignition module on gas models. Just a few comments about a great oven which when maintained gives many years of reliable service.
    Last edited by crymtide; 06-06-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: spelling