Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hmm Fujitsu Multi Split Troubles

I installed a Halcyon 410A 4 zone system on my campus, AOU36RML outdoor unit with 4 ASU9RMLQ indoor units they have been trouble since day one I went to the dealer toolbox and noticed that these systems have been totally redesigned and that they are not at all similar to the original design , the only reason I can see for doing that would be that they had to many problems with the former design. if anyone else has had countless issues let me know I am considering installing another set of multi ductless splits in the same area for new offices need input on better product Thanks Ken

I have installed quite a few of those systems, can't say I've had many problems from them. What kind of "trouble" have you had.

They have been installed for 3 yrs now the first year we had issues with the system cooling only when all 4 units were running at the same time in the start up they tell you too run all 4 units after weighing in the charge adding the charge for the extra line set lengths , when 1 or 2 units were running they would not cool independently. so I charged the lines separately and did so by pressure as apposed to weighing a charge . that helped but then that winter they would not heat we were using them as heat pumps . last year the same problem happened with the rooms only cooling with all units running and this year same issue . now I see that Fujitsu Redesigned the entire system probably due to an issue like this . I have done everything shy of having a service rep come in which is my next move . PS the flare nuts on the indoor unit keep leaking removed re-flare them all now I am going to remove them and put in couplings so this don't happen again .

I had some problems with one of these. Turned out the electrician had wired unit a to line c and vice versa.
    LN

Quote Originally Posted by larnot View Post
    I had some problems with one of these. Turned out the electrician had wired unit a to line c and vice versa.
    This is what I was thinking, maybe the piping and wiring is crossed somewhere.

All the mini split manufacturers seem to change models design very regularily, would always read the instructions just incase something had changed since the last time.

Very difficult (if not impossible) to charge these units by pressure/temperature, as they use inverter compresors and eev's.
    We always measure the line set and wiegh in the charge, i label the outdoor unit with the additional charge to make life easier in future.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyspanners View Post
    i label the outdoor unit with the additional charge to make life easier in future.
    Ahh, yes, I wish more installer were like you.

Actually We are a Union shop so as you can imagine we have to let the Electrician do the electrical wiring and when he initially wired the systems he did not wire them directly to each unit,but had three separate junction boxes and that was causing signal troubles to the units. so he had to run all new wire direct from the condensing unit the the indoor units and that is what I initially thought was the problem with the units.

Talking Yup did that

Only after having all the same issues did I attempt charging the systems by pressure and your right it does not work and seems impossible to charge it that way but I did it anyway and had good results for a while .

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyspanners View Post
    All the mini split manufacturers seem to change models design very regularily, would always read the instructions just incase something had changed since the last time.

Very difficult (if not impossible) to charge these units by pressure/temperature, as they use inverter compresors and eev's.
    We always measure the line set and wiegh in the charge, i label the outdoor unit with the additional charge to make life easier in future.

I have installed quite a few of these systems with no problems. Sounds like a wiring issue to me, trace the wires from each air handler to their proper connections on the condensing unit.

what gauge is the wire ? If it is 12 instead of 14 I have seen communication issues
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Sounds like an electrical problem to me I'd start thier.

Also read that stranded wire causes less problems over a distance that solid.
    In fact, I think LG specifies it.
    LN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast