I had some crazy head pressure surging never seen before

I have this trane unit 4 compressor 2 stage condenser, head pressure going nutz but suction not moving a lb! Strangest thing ever for me. Then this thing just goes screaming up and trips on high head with everything working normally other than surging of course. Anyone else have luck like mine to get butt kicked for 2 days of searching and testing, to find system is so over charged I could have charged 5 houses! well not exactly but I will find out tomorrow. I'll let you guys know!

What type of unit? is it a voyager? and how old is it? I have experienced head pressure problems with trane units all the time. Not to many people know but the cond coil is actually 2 coils against each other and when you clean them you have to lift the top of the unit and separate the coils. Being careful not to bend the lines, then you can use a garden hose to clean in between the coils.

Non condensibles?

Sent from my amazing 4G device

Figured it out

Well it's a trane but not a voyager. And yes over charged is an understatement. It was 28lbs overcharged this is a big system 40 ton. But please 28lbs! I have an old guy who knows everything and I am just dumb. Well I knew he overcharged it and let me tell you sarcastic son of a *****! But very smart but if you try to help him figure a problem out you get bombarded with a million reasons why your statement is wrong! Well I had to bury this info because I didn't want to throw him under the bus. Then he used everything I did to cover him against me! Well now I know a severely overcharged system surges a lot! And trips on high head and non responsive txv's!

Just FYI, surging is not really a term that's used to describe anything that happens in any air-cooled DX piece of equipment. Sounds like you had a high discharge pressure problem, though. Surging is something that takes place inside of a centrifugal compressor or a large centrifugal fan.

If this is a Trane RAUC/J large commercial split system, the noise you may have heard may have actually been the relief valve and check valve on the liquid line opening and closing.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Surging

Really that's what u got out of all that. I use the wrong term! Oh boy!

Your last post makes it sound as if you had it all figured out, and at no point did you ask for anyone else's opinion on the system itself. There wouldn't have been much info to go on if you had. It was more or less a story about how some guy you work with took credit for your ideas or threw you under the bus or something. That's fine, whatever. I don't know what else you were expecting.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson