Air Handler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Handler

For better or worse, I have a brand new Goodman 2.5 ton 13 SEER HP condensing unit hooked to a 10 SEER airhandler. I'm going to have the airhandler replaced soon. My question to the Pro's is: Variable Speed vrs a Standard AH. I have read on this site that VS has problems with comfort and is basicly credidited with efficiency.

I was offered a standard AH with a 2.5 ton A coil, a VS AH with a 2.5 ton coil and a VS AH with a 3 Ton coil to match my system.

I am confused about the 3 ton VS AH compatibilty with my 2.5 ton unit.

I am a prick when it comes to negative HO type comments. I had the OD unit installed to satisfy an immediate need, it was hot, and I was broke.

Please, only pro's with valid input reply. No "call a hack.errr contractor, read my previos posts, had several of them) LOL As you know, a lot of hard earned money is spent based on your experience or a hack contractors oppinion.

Thanks

My belief is that a VS fan would offer better comfort, in addition to efficiency. This is why the higher-end units of a particular brand are generally variable speed. Airflow is more exactingly controlled by the motor that knows what it needs to do than by a fixed speed motor where what it gives is just what it gives at that set speed. Plus the ability for better humidity control to variate the airflow speed slower.
    Having an oversized fancoil goes hand in hand with this, having a larger evaporator generally does better to dehumidify and raise efficiency also.
    Personally, I would opt for variable speed anytime.

41530 stated:
    Having an oversized fancoil goes hand in hand with this, having a larger evaporator generally does better to dehumidify and raise efficiency also.
    Personally, I would opt for variable speed anytime

Thanks for the reply 41530.

So is it OK to go with the 3 ton VS AH with my 2.5 ton condensing unit?

Thanks

Thumbs up

ROBO would know the most about this, it's his equipment.

UT OHHHHHH

ROBO? Ya got me there. Is he a poster?

Thanks

how long do plan to live in this house?

If it was me, and I'm a cheap prick too...if only replacing the coil, I would go with the 3 ton rated to the 13 seer condenser. But that's just me.

NAWW, I'm going to replace the whole AHU Hawk. I can get the whole AHU either way. I am looking for the (best)correct match up. But I am a cheap bastard..LOL This group has changed my mind on my heating and cooling though..

Appreciate you real pro's advice!!!!!!!!!!! The slamming from wanna be pro's here just sucks..... You can almost picture the bad tech's here. Their bosses must ***** slap em for poor productivity and they take it out on HO's here..LOL

you may want to check your other post

as requested hawk boy, shut yor yap or contribute your lifelonge advice.....you contribute nothing boy. I repeat, nothing but sarcasim.

I suspect you won't be around tomorrow, have a nice life and try not to beat the kids too much...PLEASE

Originally posted by riderman
    So is it OK to go with the 3 ton VS AH with my 2.5 ton condensing unit?
    Yes. Slightly larger coil will allow for proper superheat and better air conditioning (cooling and dehumidifying).

VS air handler can be set to vary fan speed according to varying load for better comfort.

Please don't feed the trolls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast