Frown

My install manager came out to the house to remove a faulty TXV that was torched during initial installation of my new AC/furnace system a couple weeks ago, and caused the AC system to malfunction after only a day!! After removing the TXV and bypassing it, he failed to close-off something, and ALL of the R410 refrigerant somehow leaked out of the system within a day. The condenser fan continued to run like normal, but was not blowing cool air anymore. My next service call brought out a different tech, who located the issue, and then had to re-charge the whole system fully. It was their fault, and they admitted it should not have happened. My concern is if there is any possible wear or damage to the two-stage scroll compressor while the condenser unit was running more than a day with absolutely zero R410a in it?? Is this an issue?? Thanks.

Ken

ps- the new TXV looked of much better quality and did not require a torch to install. Seems to be working, i guess.

ask them to test it with a megger....If they have one.

What I would do is call the manufacture to see if they have extended warranty program on their system.I my self bought a 10 year parts only but thats me had my parents bought a 10 yr parts and labor.PEACE OF MIND.Where is the spell check on this system?

Sorry I cant believe the TXV came seperate from the coil.Sounds like other problems

If this the Lennox system from your other post. It seems to me a system like this should have a low pressure switch to prevent the compressor from even starting if the charge gets so low??

lennox 2 stage unit would have low pressure switch.

The compressor wasn't running so the refrigerant lines equalized with the atmpospheric pressure. If the leak size was small or distant from the condensor then it would take a long time for diffusion of moisture to get to the oil which is what you want to avoid.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Does the low pressure switch just cut out the compressor itself, or does it shut down the entire condenser unit? Seems kind of odd that the condenser fan would continue to run if the low pressure was tripped, but maybe that's normal..

i have no worries with scrolls.best compressor on the market.best residential.

if low pressure switch opens it will shut down outdoor unit.