Question regarding warranty replacement - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    It never is, if the HW co. could do this and make everyone happy, there would be no need to use a "cheap" home warranty service co. they would just give you a check and let you deal with it.
    Oh I know, and we knew that going in. Our main concern before buying the house was the 20 yo unit. Our first offer was for them to replace it. Of course they weren't willing to do that, so we got the warranty knowing we could at least not go with out and not have to drop 5k right off the bat. If the Payne will outlast the Mortgage insurance and get the cars paid off I'll be happy.

The guy convinced me to go with the lower btu by using the car analogy (55 or 75, get there sooner or save gas)

I hope I'm making the right decision. Thanks for all your advice. Great forum!

Quote Originally Posted by mwgainesjr View Post
    The guy convinced me to go with the lower btu by using the car analogy (55 or 75, get there sooner or save gas).
    I bet he used to be a gas station attendant, now turned a/c home warranty guy. Does this look like him below?

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I bet he used to be a gas station attendant, now turned a/c home warranty guy. Does this look like him below?

Well says he's been in the business since '62 but I might guess you're close.

The problem

The guy convinced me to go with the lower btu by using the car analogy (55 or 75, get there sooner or save gas)
    I hope I'm making the right decision. Thanks for all your advice. Great forum![/QUOTE]

with this analogy is that in a car you will eventually get to your destination, it just takes longer. With an undersized furnace, you may never heat the house on colder days no matter how long the furnace runs.
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

A DECADE OF DOMINANCE! +2

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I hope I'm making the right decision. Thanks for all your advice. Great forum!
    with this analogy is that in a car you will eventually get to your destination, it just takes longer. With an undersized furnace, you may never heat the house on colder days no matter how long the furnace runs.[/QUOTE]

You may be right. And that would stink. I'm hoping with a 2100 sqft house in the south 72k will heat it. I think it will, but then again, I'm not the expert.

Well says he's been in the business since '62 but I might guess you're close.
    Tell him Mr. Bill has this analogy about him, if he has been in business since 62, and it's not a hand me down from Mom and Pop, and he is still doing home warranties, he must be reading "How To Be Successful" out of a Government issue handbook.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Tell him Mr. Bill has this analogy about him, if he has been in business since 62, and it's not a hand me down from Mom and Pop, and he is still doing home warranties, he must be reading "How To Be Successful" out of a Government issue handbook.
    haha....His business profile online says he's been in business for 2 years. I'm guessing he worked for a company, started his own business and is doing warranties. I own my own business too. Five years and there was a time when I had to take the crap work that others sent me. You gotta get there some how. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt I guess. I don't have any choice in the matter.

I own my own business too. Five years and there was a time when I had to take the crap work that others sent me. You gotta get there some how. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt I guess. I don't have any choice in the matter.
    I understand, I have been doing this since 1984, and trust me to eat, I would have included mowing the customers yard if need be. Why do I have the feeling that the new Obama-Care is going to be like the Home Warranty Business, "no choice in the matter".

Why do I have the feeling that the new Obama-Care is going to be like the Home Warranty Business, "no choice in the matter".
    You're absolutely right about that. And we'll be getting warranty quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12