23yo FHP and Low dom water pressure

23yo FHP and Low dom water pressure

I have a client w/ a HEX-52 that is experiencing low water pressure when the geo is calling.
    The system is open loop and is t'd off the inlet main before the well pump water hits the softener. Customer suspects that the problem lies in the unit sharing water from the common well. Our resident geo ezpert believes that if the submersible pump is pulling 50+ psi and if the unit is plumbed correctly the geo should not cause a domestic pressure drop even if multiple shower heads are running. Anybody have a good punchdown to diagnose the water pressure problem?

Thanks in Advance

NATE

Throw some gauges on each loop and measure the pressure drop.

IF it's like most water cooled equipment, the condenser coil might have a table in the isnstallation specs to show flow rates based on pressure drop.

What type of piping in the open loop and the house? Could be deposits have built-up somewhere restricting domestic water flow.

Are you sure the pump is still delivering full pressure when there's a normal draw.

Does the system have a pressure/expansion tank with a regulator to maintain constant domestic water pressure? Any type of booster pump? Maybe one of thsoe components have failed.

Thanks fer the reply motoguy...my tech did replace the regulator customer still has the pressure issue the booster tank gauge read 59 psi so we did not suspect an issue at the booster tank.

If the system is 23 years old as stated I would not suspect a problem in the pipeing or the coils unless you have a severe iron/ fouling problem. Pressure in the system is sort of irrelavant, if the well pump will run the house fine or run the geo fine, the problem is in water quantity.

If no pump work has been done recently than it is a no brainer that the pumping equipment will not supply enough water at an adequate pressure to supply both points of distribution. Could be a well issue but I would lean towards a mechanical failure in the pipeing down hole, or just a really tired pump. A flow meter installed after the tank and before the geo or softner will tell you all you need to know.

weberwelldriling.com
    Eric