Question About Humidity control

Hi,
    The contractor who sold me a Rheem RAPMJEZ and RHKLM3821 air handler did not show up. This contractor told me i must have the 305 thermostat for humidity control. They have given me a new install date but keep blowing me off about giving it to me in writing, so I am on the verge of asking for a refund of my deposit.

On that note, I asked another contractor for a quote in the same system. He said this system does not allow humidity control.

My understanding was single stage systems don't do humidity control and 2 stage do but the first contractor insisted that the variable speed air handler controls humidity thru the 305 thermostat.

Can anyone explain to me who is right?

And if I don't need the 305 thermostat what is the point of buying this fancy thermostat?

Thanks.

The first contractor is right. http://www.rheem.com/documents/rhkl-...ication-sheets

It has a Dehumidification on demand terminal that slow the blower usually by about 15-20% for better humidity removal. This works as well or better than two stage. THe best is both 2 stage and DOD.

Ye,s you'll need the 300 series Thermost. I have the same White Rodger thermostat and like it. I set it to the highest point where I'm comfortable at around 45% RH, then set it to 48-50%RH and then allow it to overcool up to 3F to either remove more humidity or at least overcool so I'm at a constant comfort level. On hotter sunnier days it will run the fan at full speed. On cooler cloudy days and at night, it will overcool.

Thanks!

You have set my mind at ease.

On a side note, this is the busy seaso and I'm also getting on of my system repalced. (I'm a facility manager, not an installer). It took 3 weeks to get me a bid (My system not broken and I'm not in a hurry) and 3-4 weeks leadtime for installation. To be expected.

Hot Chic,
    Can you post some more profile pic's?

Thanks,
    Stud

Hahaha

Very funny, Stud.

3 weeks out in Keokuk? Wow, we have time open this week! I had installers running cleans today.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    3 weeks out in Keokuk? Wow, we have time open this week! I had installers running cleans today.
    Amen, I have two installer teams that have got us caught up from being a week behind!!! Now I have 2 installs going in tomorrow with plenty of work but could still get it done but early next week!

Ya, small town. He actually lets one of his best installers take vacation the 2nd week in June. I guess that's how you keep some of the best guys.

LOL @ stud..will more pics get her better answers
    or just make answering her questions more fun?
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato