Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 26 of 26
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Trehak01 View Post
    When you buy the manifold do you get the pipe clamps with them? what is the real difference between the 557 and the 570?
    I saw that some of them come in kits or stand alone sets, dont know what all the stand alones include though.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by db7803 View Post
    what can these gauges do?
    Shot you a couple of quick videos today. Hope this gives you a better idea.



    JLB,

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by crbn79 View Post
    I saw that some of them come in kits or stand alone sets, dont know what all the stand alones include though.
    Kits come with a second probe and a case. If you do not want a case, buy the kit one and a spare probe.

    Big difference between the 557 and 570 is the 570 does data logging, has the ability to print with optional printer, user configurable, and clamp probe compensation for additional accuracy. I like the 570 a lot.
    JLB,

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Jim, now that I've gotten my 550 back up and running, I've been curious about the pipe wrap temperature probe.
    http://www.trutechtools.com/Testo-55...TC_p_1204.html

    What is the actual size of the sensor portion, and is there any spring loading of it against the pipe like with the first gen 523 probes?

    I'd love to see them reproduce the design of the first gen 523 probes, but with an NTC thermistor.
    It was hands down the best pipe temperature probe ever to come with any instrument from any manufacturer ever.
    It would probably be to expensive for most peoples taste though, even without the platinum based PT100 sensor.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,140
    If they tried I bet they could. Just ease up on the spring tension and the sensor won't bust out like the pile I got
    If they got it under 50 bucks like the cooper 4011 my #2 fav I would be surprised
    TGIWWDC
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3
    The redemption form for the $50 Mail-In Rebate can be downloaded from www.testousa.com/refrigeration. BTW the rebate runs through August 31, 2012. Product datasheets are also available on this site.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,140
    fifty dollars is nice. it covers for the extra temperature sensor the others come with
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,575
    Or a couple warranty shipments...
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Or a couple warranty shipments...
    OK, I admit they did have a few bugs at first, but those have long since gone away. So many techs buying them here on the initial group buy provided a large sampling of first generation 550s prior to the improvements that were made.

    Testo has some killer technology when it comes to accuracy and repeatability. They have very solid pressure transducers and NTC thermistors. As far as accuracy Testo is second to none. Dollar for dollar, feature for feature, they are a very good deal.

    At the end of the day, I love the technology so much, I would NEVER go back to an analog set of gauges again. The time savings, accuracy and ease of use trump any problems I have ever experienced. Until the digital gauge, I never had any idea about the problems I was having with traditional analog sets. The digital gauge opened my eyes so much to the inherent error in the ways that most techs do their work that I am where I am today purely because of them
    JLB,

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    15
    The 570's are unreal its like you can see inside the system so easy to use I have the extra air temperature probe ..

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    maui
    Posts
    389
    Jim I don't know if you remember me but I live in Maui and bought a few 550s about a year and a half ago and I ended up with an extra one on the shipment and I sold it for you.

    Well, anyway the 2 550s I have both do not respond to the temp clamps 1 of witch was damn near DOA maybe a week or two it lasted, but other than that they have been great and I have not babied them I treat them with respect as I do with all my tools but have definitely taken a beating in the past year. I do mostly refrigeration so I LOVE the backlight. Well, what im getting at is what improvements did they make and are mine eligible for warranty or am I a day late and a dollar short? Either way Its always a pleasure doing biz with you guys at Trutech.
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by ryand View Post
    Jim I don't know if you remember me but I live in Maui and bought a few 550s about a year and a half ago and I ended up with an extra one on the shipment and I sold it for you.

    Well, anyway the 2 550s I have both do not respond to the temp clamps 1 of witch was damn near DOA maybe a week or two it lasted, but other than that they have been great and I have not babied them I treat them with respect as I do with all my tools but have definitely taken a beating in the past year. I do mostly refrigeration so I LOVE the backlight. Well, what im getting at is what improvements did they make and are mine eligible for warranty or am I a day late and a dollar short? Either way Its always a pleasure doing biz with you guys at Trutech.
    Ryan,
    Sure I remember you. Let me see what we can do. We re-invoiced those in July because of the lost/delayed shipment by the postal service. We may be able to still get any warranty issues resolved, but we are cutting it down to the wire. They fixed the grounding issue, and made some protection improvements to the displays. Otherwise they are the same. The grounding issue was the only real issue. That is what was causing the problems.
    JLB,

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Jim, now that I've gotten my 550 back up and running, I've been curious about the pipe wrap temperature probe.
    http://www.trutechtools.com/Testo-55...TC_p_1204.html

    What is the actual size of the sensor portion, and is there any spring loading of it against the pipe like with the first gen 523 probes?

    I'd love to see them reproduce the design of the first gen 523 probes, but with an NTC thermistor.
    It was hands down the best pipe temperature probe ever to come with any instrument from any manufacturer ever.
    It would probably be to expensive for most peoples taste though, even without the platinum based PT100 sensor.
    Mark,
    I have tried that sensor, it is simply a thin stainless disk with a thermistor potted to the back. It is faster response, but not a lot faster then the clamp probes once the clamp has stabilized. (2-3 minutes) It is nice for larger pipes and very nice for tight access. That is what I primarily would use it for.
    JLB,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event