+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testo digital gauges

Post Likes

Testo digital gauges

Testo is currently running a $50.00 rebate on all digital refrigeration gauges through August 1st. Couple that with our sale prices and there are some excellent deals on the entire line including the 570.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Is that an instant rebate and what if you recently bought a testo
    550 would I be eligable for the rebate

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ats890 View Post
    Is that an instant rebate and what if you recently bought a testo
    550 would I be eligable for the rebate
    If you bought it in the last few days, yes. It is a mail in Rebate, Testo just started it the first of the month, We learned of it on Friday. It is for units sold from the 1st on. You need a receipt or purchase.

Here is the link to the form if you need it. It is the same form no matter the supplier you purchased it from.

http://trutechtools.com/assets/image...form_Final.pdf
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    If you bought it in the last few days, yes. It is a mail in Rebate, Testo just started it the first of the month, We learned of it on Friday. It is for units sold from the 1st on. You need a receipt or purchase.

Here is the link to the form if you need it. It is the same form no matter the supplier you purchased it from.

http://trutechtools.com/assets/image...form_Final.pdf
    thanks Jim, but my testo from the last buy on here a few years ago are still working fine, just replace the hoses every now n than!!!!
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Post Likes
    Testo is currently running a $50.00 rebate on all digital refrigeration gauges through August 1st. Couple that with our sale prices and there are some excellent deals on the entire line including the 570.
    what can these gauges do?
    I used a little PFM to fix it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by db7803 View Post
    The Testo 550 digital gauge is engineered to be a perfect balance of features, benefits and value. Features of the 550 include high accuracy pressure transducers, low mass NTC temperature sensors, 3-way manifold configuration and magnifying sight glass. These allow a service technician to easily evaluate both sides of the refrigeration system while displaying pressures, saturation temperatures, superheat and subcooling.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    The only problem with Testo is their operator's manuals suck. I don't know if it's due to Testo being German and there is a language translation problem or they just don't have anyone to write a decent manual.

Maybe they should have a Youtube video showing every function of their digital guages or just write a good owner's manual.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 06-05-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typo
    Doug

Post Likes
    Oops, I think you meant August 31, 2012.

Post Likes
    I had an opportunity to look at a friends set of Testo digital gauges. I am not sure of the model but I have added them to my *Wish list*. Now if I could just get someone else to pay for them!

Post Likes
    Im trying to decide which Testo digital gauge to purchase....Trying to decide if I want the one that does microns...

Post Likes
    When you buy the manifold do you get the pipe clamps with them? what is the real difference between the 557 and the 570?
    ®

Post Likes
    can i get the rebate if i buy them from amazon?
    ®

Post Likes
    You can get the rebate no matter who you purchase them through.

How to Qualify for and Redeem your Promotion Offer:
    1. Buy a Testo Digital Manifold from a Testo authorized distributor or representative between June, 1 2012 and August 30, 2012
    2. Complete and accurately provide all of the required customer information below
    3. See Terms and Conditions for additional requirements and other important information
    4. Mail the completed Redemption Form along with a legible copy of your original invoice (purchase order copies are insufficient) to:
    Dept: # T012-8736
    P.O. Box 472
    Scottsdale, AZ 85252-0472
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Trehak01 View Post
    When you buy the manifold do you get the pipe clamps with them? what is the real difference between the 557 and the 570?
    I saw that some of them come in kits or stand alone sets, dont know what all the stand alones include though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by db7803 View Post
    Shot you a couple of quick videos today. Hope this gives you a better idea.

http://youtu.be/24f4j894n8I

http://youtu.be/4lB2NbvB5nM
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crbn79 View Post
    I saw that some of them come in kits or stand alone sets, dont know what all the stand alones include though.
    Kits come with a second probe and a case. If you do not want a case, buy the kit one and a spare probe.

Big difference between the 557 and 570 is the 570 does data logging, has the ability to print with optional printer, user configurable, and clamp probe compensation for additional accuracy. I like the 570 a lot.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Jim, now that I've gotten my 550 back up and running, I've been curious about the pipe wrap temperature probe.
    http://www.trutechtools.com/Testo-55...TC_p_1204.html

What is the actual size of the sensor portion, and is there any spring loading of it against the pipe like with the first gen 523 probes?

I'd love to see them reproduce the design of the first gen 523 probes, but with an NTC thermistor.
    It was hands down the best pipe temperature probe ever to come with any instrument from any manufacturer ever.
    It would probably be to expensive for most peoples taste though, even without the platinum based PT100 sensor.

Post Likes
    If they tried I bet they could. Just ease up on the spring tension and the sensor won't bust out like the pile I got
    If they got it under 50 bucks like the cooper 4011 my #2 fav I would be surprised
    TGIWWDC
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    The redemption form for the $50 Mail-In Rebate can be downloaded from www.testousa.com/refrigeration. BTW the rebate runs through August 31, 2012. Product datasheets are also available on this site.

Post Likes
    fifty dollars is nice. it covers for the extra temperature sensor the others come with
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in