Leak Detector Models

I have a Inficon D-TeK Select, which i do like, and have had no problems with. I just ordered a Yokohama H10-PM that is on its way. I hope its as good as the original which i still have

What other models/brands do you guys recommend? I ust want to try a couple to see o

Big Blue Soap Bubbles work Best!

Quote Originally Posted by BillDuffy View Post
    Big Blue Soap Bubbles work Best!
    Not efficient for determining if the evap coil leaks. Beleive me when i say i don't like using my leak detector if i don't have to.

Big blue is great for checking joints. Just spray it on and let it rest for a while. The evap coil is just not a place i would use big blue on regular basis.

I found out that PVC glue sets of my D-tek unit. I found out when i was checking inside of a P-trap to determine refrigerant was leaking from a coil. I was surprised because i didn't get a reading in the drain pan but a soild reading in the trap. WTF!!! Then i put the sniffer near the glue and it went crazy!

i just got a tif zx, and compared to my detek select, i do really like it. it seems a little bit more accurate.

but like you i just ordered a h10pm.

what the hell ive got room in the van for all 3

jeep

Quote Originally Posted by jeep6275 View Post
    i just got a tif zx, and compared to my detek select, i do really like it. it seems a little bit more accurate.

but like you i just ordered a h10pm.
    what the hell ive got room in the van for all 3

jeep
    I really don't have the room, but i'll make it! lol. I always like having a backup for tools that are important like a leak detector an nut drivers (at least ones i can fit). Especially when you have a system all apart and are in the middle of a leak search. You don't want to have to pack it up, go get another detector, return and start over. Plus if i am questioning the accuracy of the tool, i like to have another just to double check before i make my diagnosis. If the electronic detector fails to find it i have to inject UV dye. If all else fails dye is the last resort. I know some hate it but i will only use spectroline products.

Just as good as the old leather cases one, actually I like it better . Battery operated if need be. Close the half door and throw the strap around your neck or shoulder and the way you go . I don't think I've ever spent more than 5 min. Looking for a leak.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    Just as good as the old leather cases one, actually I like it better . Battery operated if need be. Close the half door and throw the strap around your neck or shoulder and the way you go . I don't think I've ever spent more than 5 min. Looking for a leak.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    With a high quality unit it shouldn't take long.