This website a really great. Thanks for all of your help and humor as my husband and I almost leaped at the 10 seer Arcoaire band-aid solution to our central air breakdown (now on day 1 of a predicted 9 day heat wave with high humidity) We have now found a great HVAC contractor, using much of what we've learned here to separate fact from fiction.

We've gone from 0 to 100 in terms of the band-aid to replacing whole system w Carrier Infinity heat pump and new oil furnace.

If you all might help with another question: Might the Performance or Comfort Series be just as good?

We're trying to decide today!

Any thoughts sincerely appreciated.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    The Infinity is far superior in dehumidifing the indoor air ,if your in a humid climate,costs less to operate ,ui quieter,etc.,etc..

Will the A/C system be separate from the oil furnace,as I don't know of an oil furnace that works with Infinity?

Hmm

thanks for your response.

the Infinities are all sold out! the sales rep was disappointed as he really like them too, w the 2 stage compressor, etc but none to be found until at least the beginning of august. oh well!

i bought a new carrier oil furnace to match. i ended up with a Performance heat pump/ac unit.