American Standard Heat Pump Model Difference

I have a 2 zone home, replaced lower unit last year and had new upper unit installed last week, need to know the difference between American Standard model 4A6B4018E1000AA and 4A6B4018G1000AA. Installer tells me they are the same, but I disagree, the G model has smaller compressor and 20% smaller enclosure. Can someone tell me the difference between these models? Thanks.

They are different compressors but both appear to be similar recip models. The G version doesn't appear to have a cover on the compressor which could explain why it looks smaller. Also the cabinet & coil wouldn't have to be as big though they are typical size. The G version has a swept wing fan blade which is quieter.

Normally when they make a change like that, they don't tell what it is.

The G model indicates a 6.4 compressor the E is 7.3 with cover. E model has large 3 blade fan and large coil, G has smaller 2 blade fan and smaller coil. My main concern is cost between them and actual performance, as they are charging me the same price for them.

Go with E model. Bigger fan is swept wing design/ and much quieter/more efficient.

Looks like the G unit has the swept wing blade.