+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3-2-3% accuracy ? Huh?

Post Likes
    I am at looking at new gauges to replace the ones on my mainifold. I have narrowed the search to two different sets. One set is 1% accuracy (dry) and the other is 3-2-3% accuracy (liquid filled). What is the meaning of 3-2-3% accuracy anyway?

Post Likes
    3% off in the bottom 1/3 and top 1/3 of the gage.

Good news, it's only 2% off in that middle third.

This is why you should always have two sets of gages now. If you use the 410 or high pressure gage for 22 or other lower pressure you'll always be in the lower 1/3 where the readings are not as accurate.

More expensive digital would provide better accuracy.
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

Post Likes
    Thanks for the info. I guess that means that I should probably stick with the 1%. I was kind of hoping the 3-2-3 was some how better because they already have protective boots and are liquid filled. Buy the time I add boots to the 1% dry gauges they will cost as much as the liquid filled. Maybe I'll keep shoping around. Thanks again for the info...

Post Likes
    Yellow Jacket Delux brass manifold and gauges.

Best bang for the buck in 1% accuracy gauges, very durable, and hold zero well.

The delux manifold I listed is like the regular Yellow Jaket 2 valve brass manifold, but is a little wider.
    The gauges have a solid brass case and a tempered glass lense held in place by a brass ring.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mark beiser
    Yellow Jacket Delux brass manifold and gauges.

Best bang for the buck in 1% accuracy gauges, very durable, and hold zero well.

The delux manifold I listed is like the regular Yellow Jaket 2 valve brass manifold, but is a little wider.
    The gauges have a solid brass case and a tempered glass lense held in place by a brass ring.
    I recently purchased that manifold, and also replacement brass gauges with the 1% accuracy for my other manifolds. This is from a previous post of yours mark.

Post Likes
    Got my brass gauges today, and 2 sets of brass replacement gauges for my current manifolds i have now. Can't wait to use them tomorrow. I know I already have a big day planned with plenty of service. UGH.

Post Likes
    Just to clarify, the 1% accuracy is 1% of the Full Scale reading (FS) and not the measured value?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in