Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Your right abount the size Mark. When it first arrived I opened the box, and just thought S**t I dont believe how big it is. As Cool-Blew says the web site does not really give an appreciation of scale, but you get used to most things.
    I found I had to have several attempts at aligning the swivel connectors, once I got it right have not had any trouble.
    The connectors seem quite sturdy, but as yet the instrument has not been subjected to any physical abuse.
    A friend of mine says it looks like a TV screen stuck on a manifold.

I hate to do this but which one do you guys think is better[whatever that means], is the digi-cool same price as testo, doesnt give price on site, sure seems like alot of money but man are they ever cool, to be able to do all that testing from one spot is awesom.

This is the digi-cool rig I have been using.

Just a Yellow Jacket series 41 manifold flipped around. The weight isn't as much in the digi-cool unit itself as it is in the fittings that attach it to the manifold.

Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Hay david only thing I dont like is the way they connect the manifold to the meter, looks ackeee

Originally posted by vlux
    Hay david only thing I dont like is the way they connect the manifold to the meter, looks ackeee
    I'm not a big fan of the connections either but I understand why they did it, otherwise it wouldn't fit on all manifolds

You get used to it after awhile.

Originally posted by vlux
    I hate to do this but which one do you guys think is better[whatever that means], is the digi-cool same price as testo, doesnt give price on site, sure seems like alot of money but man are they ever cool, to be able to do all that testing from one spot is awesom.
    On the Digi-Cool site, it says $399 for one and $750 for the other.

$350 for 6 more refrigerants seems a bit high, and niether do data logging or vacuum.

Any other differences?

BTD 1000 does not have temperature input. Selection of units is restricted. Does not calculate superheat or sub cooling etc.If you want all the features i think the Testo would be a better buy. They are a lot of money, but I think they are both quality instruments and should give good service for many years.

This thread inspired me to finally order a Digi-Cool, been on the fence about it for months, lol.

I'll be putting it on just a plain old Yellow jacket series 41 wide manifold like David has his on cuz I have spares, I'll have a better hose setup though.

I already pack around >$500 worth of dual temp thermometer and probes, and have no problem with basic subtraction, so I passed on the one that does temperatures and SH/SC.

I wonder if my boss will poney up and reimberse me for this item once he sees it in action, like he did for my combustion analyzer, evac setup, manometer and a couple of other items?

[Edited by mark beiser on 07-25-2006 at 12:34 AM]
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Originally posted by mark beiser

I'll be putting it on just a plain old Yellow jacket series 41 wide manifold like David has his on cuz I have spares, I'll have a better hose setup though.

LOL! Would you believe I still remember that thread on the NRP hoses we had? I actually have those down as my next buy.

The hoses on that manifold are 6' ritchie hoses with the 6" ball valve ends on them.

Originally posted by mark beiser
    This thread inspired me to finally order a Digi-Cool, been on the fence about it for months, lol.

I already pack around >$500 worth of dual temp thermometer and probes, and have no problem with basic subtraction, so I passed on the one that does temperatures and SH/SC.

I wonder if my boss will poney up and reimberse me for this item once he sees it in action, like he did for my combustion analyzer, evac setup, manometer and a couple of other items?

[Edited by mark beiser on 07-25-2006 at 12:34 AM]
    Mark you might want to look at the new J/B Industries digital manifold. There was article in a certain publication this week about it. From the photo of the manifold it looks like it does subcooling and superheat simultaneously, unlike the TestoKoool I am using where you have to move the sensor and switch the menu. And it also does logging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123